Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x12 FB Straight Cab?

1. Default 4x12 FB Straight Cab?

Does anyone know if the 4x12 FB cabs are available in straight fronts? I am in the process of getting an Ultra Lead Head with a 4x12 FB slant cab but I would also like to get a 4x12 FB straight cab for the bottom. I see pictures of them on the VHT website but hardly any info at all about the cabs (just the heads). If these are available, does anyone know where to get them? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guaranteedkill
    Does anyone know if the 4x12 FB cabs are available in straight fronts? I am in the process of getting an Ultra Lead Head with a 4x12 FB slant cab but I would also like to get a 4x12 FB straight cab for the bottom. I see pictures of them on the VHT website but hardly any info at all about the cabs (just the heads). If these are available, does anyone know where to get them? Thanks.
    I could be wrong on this, but the FB does come in a "straight" cab, however, I believe it's designed like many straight cabs these days in that the baffle is actually slanted. In other words, the cab is straight, but it's not a true straight cab.

Drum City Guitar Land in Denver has the straight FB in stock, according to their website. http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...D=3&BrandID=48

Jason @ DCGL is a great guy. I got both my D60H and D4x12 from him...he's always been really helpful and the prices are awesome.

4. Default Thanks

Awesome! Thanks for the info guys. I just emailed Drum City Guitar Land for info on that cab. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage
    I could be wrong on this, but the FB does come in a "straight" cab, however, I believe it's designed like many straight cabs these days in that the baffle is actually slanted. In other words, the cab is straight, but it's not a true straight cab.
    You sir, are correct. Its not a huge slant or anything, but it is there.
    dave

CLX / Fatbottom 412, Deliverance 412

Quote Originally Posted by drjenkins
    You sir, are correct. Its not a huge slant or anything, but it is there.
    O.K., that's what I thought. And furthermore, the straight D412 is a true, straight cab. There's no slant on the baffle.

By the way, and I can't imagine it was an accident, but the position of the caster slots on the top of my D412 are in the PERFECT place for the feet on the head to sit between them. Yeah, I'm amused by the little stuff...

Bob

O.K., that's what I thought. And furthermore, the straight D412 is a true, straight cab. There's no slant on the baffle.

By the way, and I can't imagine it was an accident, but the position of the caster slots on the top of my D412 are in the PERFECT place for the feet on the head to sit between them. Yeah, I'm amused by the little stuff...

Bob
    Seriously Bob...you're killing me. You know how when you're on a long drive, and then you get within 5 minutes of your house and all of the sudden you have to go to the bathroom so badly you can barely hold it? ...as if your body knows its almost home? That's how I feel right now, and every post of yours on the D412 is like a big bump on the road, jiggling that full bladder....

Quote Originally Posted by kleinm
    Seriously Bob...you're killing me. You know how when you're on a long drive, and then you get within 5 minutes of your house and all of the sudden you have to go to the bathroom so badly you can barely hold it? ...as if your body knows its almost home? That's how I feel right now, and every post of yours on the D412 is like a big bump on the road, jiggling that full bladder....
    LOL! You better dig up a big bottle for that drive, because I'm not going to stop talking about it. As you know, now that the nosejob is complete, I'm on my honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinm
    By the way, did I mention that the clean (yes, I said it, clean) and mid-gain tones sound SPECTACULAR through the D412? ... not sure I mentioned it yet...

LOL! You better dig up a big bottle for that drive, because I'm not going to stop talking about it. As you know, now that the nosejob is complete, I'm on my honeymoon.
    Please, keep talking about it. It only makes me more excited, and the more information and experience from other players, the better. I'll just have to learn to control my flow.

I'm glad your rig is bonafide sexy now. I'm having a LOT of plastic surgery done on my rig too. Its stressful stuff.