Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: PT45 Blown Fuse

  1. Default PT45 Blown Fuse....Help!

    Over the weekend I believe I blew a fuse in my pitbull 45. I was wondering if I need to purchase any special kind of fuse or just a standard 3A250V? Any help would be great.

    Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by captben41; 07-10-2006 at 08:30 PM.

  2. Default

    The fuses keep blowing when I put them in. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captben41
    The fuses keep blowing when I put them in. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Probably a bad power tube.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Holland,MI
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I did blow a fuse when one of the power tubes went out.Make sure you get a matched set and and have the amp biased by a pro.
    And yes ,I would call and email VHT asap before you mess around with it and cause more damage.
    Last edited by romvert; 07-11-2006 at 10:52 PM.

  5. Default

    I removed all the power tubes and the rect tube and the fuse still blows when I turn the amp on. Would this mean that the tubes are not the problem?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I'm no electronics guru, but it sounds like something is shorting out in the amp. First I would check the power cord for damage. Next I'd try replacing all the tubes.. I'm not sure what the amp will do if you remove the tubes and turn it on, but I wouldn't try that unless someone qualified told me it was ok, just in case it could damge the transformer or something. Anyway, if changing tubes doesn't fix it, I think you should call VHT support or bring it to a tech, there could be an internal problem that is causing the fuse to blow.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I'm no electronics guru, but it sounds like something is shorting out in the amp. First I would check the power cord for damage. Next I'd try replacing all the tubes.. I'm not sure what the amp will do if you remove the tubes and turn it on, but I wouldn't try that unless someone qualified told me it was ok, just in case it could damge the transformer or something. Anyway, if changing tubes doesn't fix it, I think you should call VHT support or bring it to a tech, there could be an internal problem that is causing the fuse to blow.
    I don't agree with the technical explanation but the last remark is spot on; take it to a tech asap !

    Giga.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captben41
    I removed all the power tubes and the rect tube and the fuse still blows when I turn the amp on. Would this mean that the tubes are not the problem?
    Did you put new ones back in before you fired it up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •