Thread: Warning - 50CL Tube Chart is incorrect!

Default Warning - 50CL Tube Chart is incorrect!

The pdf titled "CL Series.pdf" has the incorrect tube placements for the 50 CL. I found out the hard way (loss of newly aqcuired 50 CL for 10 days in the shop and $50 to the tech). Luckily I didn't keep the amp on very long and avoided possibly more damage.

The Power tubes (EL34's) go in locations V6 and V7 and the Rectifier Tube (5U4GB) goes in location V8. NOT V6 for the Rectifier and V7,V8 for the power tubes as stated in the doc. Could one of the moderators get that changed please?

I'm guessing this wasn't caught before because most people just replace the tubes as they go along, but I got my amp w/o tubes and a set of new tubes sent directly from Thetubestore.com so I had to go by the chart.

Or is it possible my 50CL has a different design as its fairly old (I was told that 50CL's with Reverb and EQ haven't been made in a while)?

Thanks,
    Steve

BTW, now that its in order, there is one VERY happy new VHT owner in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by blooztune
    The pdf titled "CL Series.pdf" has the incorrect tube placements for the 50 CL.
    Fixed. See new documents "50CL_functions.pdf" and "100CL_functions.pdf" which now include corrected tube charts.

Note: Assumes reverb option installed and reverb tube counted. If no reverb is installed, the plugged tube position still counts as V4.