Thread: Classic combo mannuel?

Default Classic combo mannuel?

Any body have the classic combo mannuel for what the knobs do and so on? Or a spec sheet? Its model is c-100-cl i already have the tube layout one. Thanks!

This should cover you....
    http://www.vhtusers.com/documents/G1...0functions.pdf

The classic head and combo became the CLX due to Peavey using the "Classic" name for their amps.
    Steve
    NO!!!!!
    I am not Steve Fryette....
    He just builds the most kick ass amps of all time....

Manuel is this guy from the late-'60s that was well known for his ability to simulaneously play baseball and eat fried chicken. Although his batting average was around .003 (due to the chicken grease causing the bat to slide through his hands), he gained quite a following. One of his fans nicknamed him "Classic Combo Manuel".

Legend has it that Classic Combo Manuel had something to do with the script for the movie "Commando".

Here's a picture I found of him through Google Images.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinm
    Manuel is this guy from the late-'60s that was well known for his ability to simulaneously play baseball and eat fried chicken. Although his batting average was around .003 (due to the chicken grease causing the bat to slide through his hands), he gained quite a following. One of his fans nicknamed him "Classic Combo Manuel".

Legend has it that Classic Combo Manuel had something to do with the script for the movie "Commando".

Here's a picture I found of him through Google Images.
    That's what I thought. Does he play VHT's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage
    That's what I thought. Does he play VHT's?
    How could a chick magnet like that NOT play VHT's? Think before you post man, really.

dave

CLX / Fatbottom 412, Deliverance 412

Quote Originally Posted by drjenkins
    How could a chick magnet like that NOT play VHT's? Think before you post man, really.

Well, that's an old picture, so I figured he's probably not quite as Fabio-like these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage
    Well, that's an old picture, so I figured he's probably not quite as Fabio-like these days.
    But Machismo such as his is timeless, timeless I say!!
    dave

CLX / Fatbottom 412, Deliverance 412

To answer your question Bob, the answer is an unabashed YES. Yes, Classic Combo Manuel plays VHTs.

Which one? Well, the Classic Combo is Manny's signature amp, so obviously that's the one he goes to for his cover gigs. By the way, his band covers theme songs from late-70s and early-80s TV shows. Their rendition of the theme from "Three's Company" is top notch. A little bird told me that "21 Jump Street" is in the works as well.

So how did Classic Combo Manuel get a signature VHT? From what I hear, its a long story allegedly involving Manny, the USC marching band, and a trunkload of Church's Chicken. Steve Fryette was so impressed by Manny's cool, Fonzie-esque demeanor that he designed an amp as a tribute to Classic Combo Manuel.

Sorry for the out-dated picture. I found another one from a recent gig.

you just dont know where its gunna go on this forum ... lmao