Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Generation Chinese 12AX7

Quote Originally Posted by sfryette
    Sorry if you got offended. You shouldn't have. I tell it like it is and I think if you read the whole thread carefully, you might realize that it's meant as a service to the members, you included, and whichever amp you play. Maybe I should just shut up and let everyone figure it out the hard (expensive) way...

smf

Not at all Steve

<takes notes vigorously>

No doubt, dont stop the info!! Its much appreciated.
    dave

CLX / Fatbottom 412, Deliverance 412

Im too poor to figure it out the hard way.

Well, I kinda want to flame that guy but I won't because I don't want to turn this into a flame fest!
    Please keep 'em coming Steve, much appreciated!
    VHT CLX w/graphic
    Mesa Trad. 412
    Earcandy 212 w/P50E's

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Toms
    t if you what the best matched and tested tubes check out Aki at Boiaudioworks.com E-mail only but he responds quickly..
    This guy was probably just trying to sell some tubes anyways!
    Sorry, I'll stop.
    VHT CLX w/graphic
    Mesa Trad. 412
    Earcandy 212 w/P50E's

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel
    This guy was probably just trying to sell some tubes anyways!
    Sorry, I'll stop.
    dave

This may be redundant, but I just want to be 100% clear. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question .

So the moral of the story is that VHT/Steve Fryette recommends the grey anode Chinese 12AX7 compared to the silver anode Chinese 12AX7? And furthermore, that likely no such "generations" or "revisions" (and hence, tonal distinctions) exist beyond continually improving consistancy and quality control?

Like I said, I'm sorry if I'm 30 steps behind everyone else, I just want to be completely clear on VHT's recommendation for the preamp slots.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinm
    This may be redundant, but I just want to be 100% clear. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question .

So the moral of the story is that VHT/Steve Fryette recommends the grey anode Chinese 12AX7 compared to the silver anode Chinese 12AX7? And furthermore, that likely no such "generations" or "revisions" (and hence, tonal distinctions) exist beyond continually improving consistancy and quality control?

Like I said, I'm sorry if I'm 30 steps behind everyone else, I just want to be completely clear on VHT's recommendation for the preamp slots.
    I believe Steve's point is that there are no significant differences, and in a nutshell, although he didn't say it, buy whichever one is the least expensive, and don't replace the Chinese tubes that are already in your amp, thinking that there's some kind of special mojo in the so-called C9.

That's what I gathered, and I'm sure Steve will clarify, if I'm the one who is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage
    I believe Steve's point is that there are no significant differences, and in a nutshell, although he didn't say it, buy whichever one is the least expensive, and don't replace the Chinese tubes that are already in your amp, thinking that there's some kind of special mojo in the so-called C9.

That's what I gathered, and I'm sure Steve will clarify, if I'm the one who is confused.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage

+1 Pretty much how I understood it too.
    dave