Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amp similar to 50CL???

Default Amp similar to 50CL???

which amp in the VHT line most resembles the 2 channels of the CL but with a dedicated clean channel??? i have the 50 CL which is awesome, but i'm looking for a dedicated clean channel...should i be looking at the GP3 or the UL/CLX? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1923ford
    which amp in the VHT line most resembles the 2 channels of the CL but with a dedicated clean channel??? i have the 50 CL which is awesome, but i'm looking for a dedicated clean channel...should i be looking at the GP3 or the UL/CLX? thanks.
    I think the ST might be your amp.

Giga.

Well, the CLX is the CL's two gain channels (sharing EQ) with a third dedicated clean channel.
    So I would think the CLX is definitely the way to go (it is the same amp with a dedicated clean) if you're willing to shell out the money. That's what I did after I fell in love with the CL and wanted a dedicated clean.
    They're pretty impossible to find used, and I think they got more expensive after the recent price hikes.
    VHT CLX w/graphic
    Mesa Trad. 412
    Earcandy 212 w/P50E's

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel
    Well, the CLX is the CL's two gain channels (sharing EQ) with a third dedicated clean channel.
    So I would think the CLX is definitely the way to go (it is the same amp with a dedicated clean) if you're willing to shell out the money. That's what I did after I fell in love with the CL and wanted a dedicated clean.
    They're pretty impossible to find used, and I think they got more expensive after the recent price hikes.
    Yep, they've gone up to $3495 new now. Killer amps though. The clean is awesome IMHO, especially with a EH Holy Grail reverb in the loop. 1923ford, good luck in your hunt, I actually lucked up on a used one, but they are scarce for sure.
    dave

CLX / Fatbottom 412, Deliverance 412

i've heard the 100CLX is now the highest priced amp that VHT sells...it is now part of their "Builders Amp" series...whatever that means...a local dealer told me that. Anyways, I've also been informed that the GP3 is basically the same as the UL/CLX (in rackmount preamp form), so i opted to give it a try. I have one of the Randall RT 2/50 channel switching power amps...so it may be a good combination??? Thanks for the responses and the help!!!

i've heard the 100CLX is now the highest priced amp that VHT sells...it is now part of their "Builders Amp" series...whatever that means...a local dealer told me that. Anyways, I've also been informed that the GP3 is basically the same as the UL/CLX (in rackmount preamp form), so i opted to give it a try. I have one of the Randall RT 2/50 channel switching power amps...so it may be a good combination??? Thanks for the responses and the help!!!
    Yep, the CLX is on up there pricewise.

Builders Amp Series?? Thats a new one on me. Wonder whats up with that.
    dave

It's "MasterBuilt Series" not Builders amp..
    The CLX is only built on a special order basis and they only make a very small quantity every year. MasterBuilt simply means that the CLX - which is the most complex to build and the most labor intensive - is built entirely from the ground up by the person who is the most skilled and meticulous builder at VHT, and works closely with Steve to insure that all production procedures are strictly followed, and in general just does a beautiful job every time. on every aspect of the amp.
    All of VHT's people are good, but because they make so few of the CLX, it takes time to get reacquainted with all of the minute details that go into the CLX. To insure that all of these details are strictly adhered to and built exactly the same way every time, the CLX is built by the master. Once completed, it goes directly to Steve for final inspection, burn-in, testing and play-test. At this point, Steve may tweak a little here and there and then sign off on it for release to the shipping department.

The Pittbull Hundred/CLX in various revisions has been in production since its original debut as the Pittbull Classic in 1991.

Now you know the scoop....
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveVHT; 02-08-2006 at 07:58 AM.
    NO!!!!!
    I am not Steve Fryette....
    He just builds the most kick ass amps of all time....

Well...that's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the info Steve!! Do you know how many they're making each year?
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by drjenkins
    Well...that's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the info Steve!! Do you know how many they're making each year?
    Not to be a wiseass, but as many as are ordered...
    One reason you barely ever see them for sale on Ebay or classifieds.
    I'm lucky enough to own 2....
    Steve
    NO!!!!!
    I am not Steve Fryette....
    He just builds the most kick ass amps of all time....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveVHT
    Not to be a wiseass, but as many as are ordered...
    One reason you barely ever see them for sale on Ebay or classifieds.
    I'm lucky enough to own 2....
    Steve
    Well....you are a wiseass I thought the way it was worded, that they were limiting how many were built each year.

I lucked up on mine as well. Kinda stumbled onto it without really knowing what I had.

Wiseass!
    dave