Thread: Deliverance Settings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Deliverance Settings

This is how I set up the Deliverance.

Set all tone controls to noon. ... including Presence and Depth.

Set the Master between 9 and 10 o'clock.

Set More / Less for the range you want.

Adjust Gain I ...to get the right balance of highs and lows.

Adjust Gain II for amount of distortion you want.

Fine tune Master for balance of overdrive with distortion from the gain controls.

Adjust Presence and Depth before Treble/Midrange/Bass.

I usually adjust the Depth first. Getting the right balance of tight and give in the bass.

Adjust the Presence for cut....I prefer it up for rhythm playing. Low for leads usually.

Now do the fine tunning with Treble, Midrange and Bass.

I see the Treble as a balance of highs and the Bass / Midrange controls. The Treble is first in the tone stack and has the strongest effect on the sound.

Next in the tone stack is Bass. Besides adjusting the bottom effects how fast the attack is. Less bass is faster attack.

Last in the tone chain Midrange. Obviously setting low allows for a lot more top and bottom. Turned up really helps cut. In fact when playing with a band if I can't hear myself I adjust the Midrange usually instead of the Master.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    Last in the tone chain Midrange. Obviously setting low allows for a lot more top and bottom. Turned up really helps cut. In fact when playing with a band if I can't hear myself I adjust the Midrange usually instead of the Master.
    I do the same thing

O'clock....

Gain I - 1
    Gain II - 10
    More
    Master - 9
    Treble - 1
    Middle - 11-12
    Bass - 1
    Presence - 1
    Depth - 1

Gain I - 10 -11
    Gain II - Full
    Less
    Master - 9
    Treble - 2
    Middle - 12
    Bass - 1
    Presence - 3
    Depth - 1

Checkout the entire range of voices with Gain I with these settings. Various blends of Gain I and Gain II. Along with the Less / More switch.
    Last edited by stephen sawall; 02-09-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Flying Monkeys
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Thanks for the info. I have a VHT D120 arriving on Thursday, so this will be a helpful starting point and good methodology to approach the settings. I've wanted a VHT/Fryette for years and finally had a chance to snag one.

Let me know what you think ?

It is my intent to add more settings to this list. The amp is extremely versatile. I've been going after a brighter faster attack sound and these are the settings I use to get that. I use my guitar volume and other controls a lot.