Thread: GP/DI and Power Station II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GP/DI and Power Station II

Anybody using these together?

After about 18 months of not playing, I'm feeling the inspiration again (which will hopefully stick) and whipped out my GP/DI and D212. I bought the GP/DI just before I soured and lost the desire to play so didn't spend much time with it but man, this thing is killer!

It's got the tones for sure (oddly, I like the UL setting even though I'm a die-hard D60 fan) so I'm thinking if I pick up the PSII, build a small cab for it, I'd have a killer sounding, lightweight jammin' setup.

I'm interested also. I plan on buying a Power Station sometime this year. Recently after several years I moved into a place where I need to control the volume. So both are on my list.

As I mentioned on Facebook a few weeks ago..... I should have took you advise a decade ago about buying a Deliverance 4x12 to use with my Sig X and Deliverance 120. I was happy with my other cabs.... But this fits so much better.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    I'm interested also. I plan on buying a Power Station sometime this year. Recently after several years I moved into a place where I need to control the volume. So both are on my list.

As I mentioned on Facebook a few weeks ago..... I should have took you advise a decade ago about buying a Deliverance 4x12 to use with my Sig X and Deliverance 120. I was happy with my other cabs.... But this fits so much better.
    Hey, I tried to tell you (and everybody else)! Such an excellent pair. Iíve also got the 2x12 with Fanes but havenít even put enough time on it to break them in (yet).

The GP/DI alone with give you everything you need if volume is an issue. Itís surprisingly loud for 1 watt. Not band practice loud but certainly more than you need to sit in front of an amp and noodle or even record (though direct is great on this thing too).

How does the Fane compare with the Eminence ?
    I want a second Deliverance 4x12 and deciding speakers.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    How does the Fane compare with the Eminence ?
    I want a second Deliverance 4x12 and deciding speakers.
    Once the Fanes break in and I get enough time with them, Iíll try to describe it (I stink at verbalizing the nuances of tone).

That said, I dig the Fanes, especially once you put a little power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage View Post
    Hey, I tried to tell you (and everybody else)! Such an excellent pair. Iíve also got the 2x12 with Fanes but havenít even put enough time on it to break them in (yet).
    When I bought my used D412 (P50e) several years ago, I assumed it was already done breaking in. Mistake! It wasn't until the past year when I started having band practice weekly at deafening volume that it REALLY got broken in.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhobo View Post
    When I bought my used D412 (P50e) several years ago, I assumed it was already done breaking in. Mistake! It wasn't until the past year when I started having band practice weekly at deafening volume that it REALLY got broken in.
    I was fortunate to have ordered my cab right when Queen came off a tour (several years ago and they were not in May’s rig). Steve asked if I wanted new speakers or speakers that had a tour on them. I took toured.