Thread: Pitbull G100Cl serial number help

Default Pitbull G100Cl serial number help

I’ve found a Pittbull for a decent price, but was wanting to find a little more info on it. I saw forum post here with how to read the serial numbers, but based on that it tells me nothing about this amp. Can anyone tel me anything about when this amp was made? I can’t really figure this serial number out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

from what I've gathered the first two numbers should be the year. so that would mean your amp was built in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by metalhobo View Post
    from what I've gathered the first two numbers should be the year. so that would mean your amp was built in 2002
    Thatís what I was thinking, but didnít he not switch the name to Fryette until 2008-2009? This amp has the Fryette badge, but was apparently made before the name change?? Thatís whatís throwing me off.
    Last edited by Simpleisbliss88; 04-01-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleisbliss88 View Post
    Thatís what I was thinking, but didnít he not switch the name to Fryette until 2008-2009? This amp has the Fryette badge, but was apparently made before the name change?? Thatís whatís throwing me off.
    Fryette sold (probably still sells) badges to retrofit on older amps. Does the silk screen on the back panel say "VHT" or "Fryette"?

Name:  2B4FF77C-E458-4E86-9927-D3A40C04CA20.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  7.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhobo View Post
    Fryette sold (probably still sells) badges to retrofit on older amps. Does the silk screen on the back panel say "VHT" or "Fryette"?
    VHT, this is actually an amp I’m looking to buy. I was just curious cause I saw a post somewhere about how the Pittbull went through some, albeit minor, changes over the years. I was trying to date this one just cause I’m trying to get one of the later ones I guess?
    Last edited by Simpleisbliss88; 04-02-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Picture