Thread: Need help with CLX + eq+ reverb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Need help with CLX + eq+ reverb

Hi,
    I bought a used Vht label CLX with EQ and reverb head. I need to know if it is right that, with nothing plugged in the effects loop, effects loop set to SERIES and effects loop in active position, the amp is mute...no sound.
    Is it right? I think that with nothing plugged it must play however and the series pot will be a second master volume .
    Please help me understand if my amp need tech help.

If there is nothing in the loop the amp should play , it shouldn't make any difference - you haven't bumped the power amp mute switch ? Make sure that's off

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    If there is nothing in the loop the amp should play , it shouldn't make any difference - you haven't bumped the power amp mute switch ? Make sure that's off
    Hi, thank you very much for yout reply.
    Amp play normally without the effects loop, but when i active the series effects loop with return level all open, amp stop to play. I think my amp need tech help.

Righto , well I think I know what you mean now but why do you need the fx loop on if nothing's in it - provided the level can be bought up to match with something in the loop then I'd say there's no problem .
    Mine just has hi / lo but if I put a turned off pedal etc in the loop and turn it then there is no sound as the loop is incomplete . Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Righto , well I think I know what you mean now but why do you need the fx loop on if nothing's in it - provided the level can be bought up to match with something in the loop then I'd say there's no problem .
    Mine just has hi / lo but if I put a turned off pedal etc in the loop and turn it then there is no sound as the loop is incomplete . Hope that helps
    Hi Cam,
    i think my amp was modified by a previous owner. It's a Rev 3.0...i've found a toroidal transformers inside the amp and i think it was added.
    Then in the fx loop there was not the link between send jack and return jack so this is the reason for loop's issues.
    But now i need to know if the toroidal was added to change the circuit or if it is an original part, maybe to work with che Reverb tank (but the reverb tank has a traditional little transformer near the reverb tube
    Could you help me?

Hi
    Probably not with that I'm afraid , I'm not really familiar with most of the internals , and mines an earlier model without series / parallel options - have you tried emailing
    support@fryette.com
    Maybe take a pic of the loop area and get them to check it over , with any luck they'll get back to you and help out , let us know how you go .