Thread: VHT UL midi switching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VHT UL midi switching

Hello Fryette/VHT-enthousiasts,

I recently went back from an Axe-Fx to a tube rig and am now using a VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead.
    Since I'm used to switching everything through midi, I've been looking into buying a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo for my UL.

After multiple searches here and on other boards, I still have on question that is withholding me of ordering a RJM Amp Gizmo.

Since the provided footswitch of the UL has no dedicated button for the clean channel, you always need to pay attention to which switches are 'on'. When going from lead to clean, you need to make sure that the rhythm switch is off.

So, I was wondering whether using a midi switcher with the RJM woud bypass this? Could I switch between clean, rhythm and lead in whatever order I like with just one click of a button?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Default RJM channel switching

I believe you should be able to go from clean to any drive channel and back, each requiring only one foot press. I think, but may be incorrect, that the Amp Gizmo saves a preset for any configuration of footswitch functions. This allows the SigX to go from the clean channel (boost off, loop on) to either gain channel (boost on, loop off), or whatever combination you want, provided you have a midi foot controller with ample patches/switches. For each preset, you would program whether or not the rhythm switch is on.

Here is a video of the Mini Amp Gizmo working with the SigX:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztIS-GubTD4

I don't own any RJM stuff, but have thought about going that route and have researched it a bit. I could be totally wrong, however.

What made you leave the Axe-FX? I've been thinking of getting one...

This also might work. I know it works with the Sig X.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Yes the Mini amp gizmo will work perfect. I have it controlling my Ultra Lead and I forgot all about the footswitch dilemma. I can go to any channel anytime seemless. Also, the the gizmo is great and I highly recommend it. Only one problem I had was it just would not respond to my midi controller one day. I reseated connections and cycled power and it never did it again. I'm guessing it was a bad connection. Welcome back to the tube world!

-Mike