Thread: GP/DI fx question

Default GP/DI fx question

I have owned this since they first delivered, and am I bit surprised there isn't more discussion about them so far. Particularly considering there is no manual still. Several questions have come up over time.. for now just this. The fx loop seems to be stereo only, a lot of stereo gear has one channel jack that that can be used for mono, doesn't seem to be the case here. Since there are no other stereo outs, I'm a bit confused about the usefulness of the loop, other than possibly playing with headphones w/ stereo fx for enjoyment?
    More practically in my case, I use the GP/DI in a larger setup where the signal proceeds from the unit. Given the ease of putting line lvl fx simply in series after the GP/DI, is there any reason or advantage to using a Y cable to use them in the GP/DI loop, if they are mono?
    Thanks

Default Dont worry....

Quote Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
    I have owned this since they first delivered, and am I bit surprised there isn't more discussion about them so far. Particularly considering there is no manual still. Several questions have come up over time.. for now just this. The fx loop seems to be stereo only, a lot of stereo gear has one channel jack that that can be used for mono, doesn't seem to be the case here. Since there are no other stereo outs, I'm a bit confused about the usefulness of the loop, other than possibly playing with headphones w/ stereo fx for enjoyment?
    More practically in my case, I use the GP/DI in a larger setup where the signal proceeds from the unit. Given the ease of putting line lvl fx simply in series after the GP/DI, is there any reason or advantage to using a Y cable to use them in the GP/DI loop, if they are mono?
    Thanks
    Dont worry about your questions. Delivering such a tool and NOT having a manual about that period of time is even more painstakingly awkward. The rantmaster should really use his F*** ***, ** stamp for himself.
    Sorry Steve this is face-palm defcon to the max.....