Thread: Revisions Sigx

Default Revisions Sigx

Hi out there,

i saw Volbeat at Rock am Ring 2016 and their lead guitarist Rob Caggioano was using a SigX. He had a really great sound, these SigX amps has a signature sound, not very bright like a Marshall but still with lots of character. There is also a Rig Rundown where he shows his amps and pedalboard.

So i`m interested in this amp, they are dirt cheap on the used market. Do the newer Fryette ones have an improved circuit or components? So which revisions shall i look at? thanks

Sig:X dirt cheap? Where?

I don't think there have been any major revisions to the Sig:X, but I may be wrong. I know the Deliverances suffered a revision which made them more sponge-y sounding, which some like and some don't, but I think the Sig:Xs have been the same.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 06-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Didn't the very first run, maybe the '08 models, suffer from some sort of issue on the clean channel? Noise, hum, or something like that? Other than that, I don't think there have been any revisions. Maybe some swapping of parts due to sourcing issues, but you're gonna get that.

With regard to price, it depends on what you mean to dirt cheap. While I can say that I very rarely see them on the used market, they can be had for reasonable sums of money for a boutique, unique, 3 channel, tweakable amp. I've saw one for sale with a fatbottom 4x12 for $1500. I consider that dirt cheap - especially considering the price new. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
    Didn't the very first run, maybe the '08 models, suffer from some sort of issue on the clean channel? Noise, hum, or something like that? Other than that, I don't think there have been any revisions. Maybe some swapping of parts due to sourcing issues, but you're gonna get that.

With regard to price, it depends on what you mean to dirt cheap. While I can say that I very rarely see them on the used market, they can be had for reasonable sums of money for a boutique, unique, 3 channel, tweakable amp. I've saw one for sale with a fatbottom 4x12 for $1500. I consider that dirt cheap - especially considering the price new. YMMV.
    You're right, I think I remember something about a clean channel tweak after the very first models. I think it had to do with people complaining that the clean channel wasn't clean enough. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Yeah, for sure you can get them for a really great value used. I got my D60 and 50/CL for less than $900 each and my D 4x12 for around $600, but I'd still hesitate to call that dirt cheap. eh.

I have one of the first amps. They did not revoice the amp. There deal was a single resistor went bad on some of the first few dozen. I sent mine in to replace the resistor and never had a other issue ever.
    There was some talk about a version II a few years ago. But that has not happened yet.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    I have one of the first amps. They did not revoice the amp. There deal was a single resistor went bad on some of the first few dozen. I sent mine in to replace the resistor and never had a other issue ever.
    There was some talk about a version II a few years ago. But that has not happened yet.
    Any news if the SIG X were to release with any refinements or revisions ? I recently heard the Sig X and love how spongy thick and natural it gets.... I don't see the SIG X on the new webstores ?

It was a few years ago there was talk about a new version...So I would not hold my breath. I also noticed it is no longer on the Fryette site.... Maybe the Sig X is retired or they removed it till version II is ready to go public.

With the new products from Fryette and the update of the Deliverance to version II being planned. Not to mention Fryette/ Sound City Amps coming out soon (I have bad GAS for the Master One Hundred) and other work Steve Fryette is doing with Synergy to develope several new products.....
    Sounds like Fryette has a lot going on....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.