Thread: Valvulator I noise issue

Default Valvulator I noise issue

I've come to rely on the Valvulator I for all of its tone saving goodness. Unfortunately, at last night's rehearsal, I noticed it added a lot of noise to my signal. This noise was only noticeable on the highest gain settings of my Sig:X and sounds very static-y and scratchy. I isolated each and every pedal on my board to figure out where the noise was coming from, and the culprit was the Valvulator. It is still functioning well as a power supply and as a buffer; when I play, the tone is as it should be.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be the tube going microphonic? Any insights are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellseeker View Post
    I've come to rely on the Valvulator I for all of its tone saving goodness. Unfortunately, at last night's rehearsal, I noticed it added a lot of noise to my signal. This noise was only noticeable on the highest gain settings of my Sig:X and sounds very static-y and scratchy. I isolated each and every pedal on my board to figure out where the noise was coming from, and the culprit was the Valvulator. It is still functioning well as a power supply and as a buffer; when I play, the tone is as it should be.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be the tube going microphonic? Any insights are appreciated!
    not an expert here but i experienced same issue with my amp too... these preamp tubes are mostly liable for the metallic noise issue ... always first line of self diagnose...