Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1992 classic head red channel w FB 412...

Cam just wondering if your switching from pentode to triode or vice versa with your amp without on standby ? if yes does it pop too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Probably not with the pop , but with the
    overall tone and back ground noise , plus I've had some pre tubes cause some weird issues .
    As for pop not sure what the prob is there , you could try cycling through all channels a few times while on stand by warming up and see if that makes any difference , only a band aid though , needs a good tech by the sounds of it .

Quote Originally Posted by HopkinWFG View Post
    Cam just wondering if your switching from pentode to triode or vice versa with your amp without on standby ? if yes does it pop too ?
    Yeh from memory it does , I would say that's normal and not something you would normally switch on the fly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Yeh from memory it does , I would say that's normal and not something you would normally switch on the fly ...
    Cam thanks for your great help and answers... really appreciated it very much thou its indeed a very quiet forum here haha.. i been liking much of that UL clips from madnotez it just sounded so tight so quiet

No worries , not much help really .. Lol .
    Yeh pretty quiet at the moment , probably pick up again once the GP s out and the new sites up and running .