Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1992 classic head red channel w FB 412...

Default 1992 classic head red channel w FB 412...

doing an ola tune ... but was having mistakes yet in the name of fun... other than the noise feedback i got when turning my volume up to 2 pm... it may not be one of the best tone off as its bias is unchecked... getting new power tubes soon.. so far all preamps are tungsol 12ax7 and a china 12ax7 in V1... running into a 412 FB at 8ohms... amp is at 100watt mode... playing with a kxk 7 string with stock PU (not one of a descent PU thou imo)

http://soundcloud.com/hopkinwfg/vht-...ad-red-channel

settings are on pics shown....
    please feel free to comment on the settings and tone as am still learny on it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

Kick @$$ ой
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    Kick @$$ ой
    haha... thanks alot... but i guess UL is the ultimate beast after hearing maddnotezz UL ..

Good playing man .. Cool clip

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Good playing man .. Cool clip
    haha.. thank you.. but its kinda cool biased .. i gotta 3/4 set of EH slotted in and it sounds warmer ... i am pretty much concerned on the hiss at the background.. have some issues with this amp too but am kinda eager to tackle them slowly as sending this pal back to Fryette is going to incur much cost

Having it biased properly on a good set of tubes will make a big difference , surely a good tech somewhere closer can do it and check it over ?
    My classic is one the quietest amps I've played , if your having issues with noise maybe its also tube related , shouldn't be any pop between channels either .
    I still use an ISP decimator G string pedal if I want silence on high gain settings at higher volume and it its a great pedal for that . No sustain loss switching to clean either .
    Hopefully you'll get it sorted , 99% of probs I've had turned out to be tube related .

Having it biased properly on a good set of tubes will make a big difference , surely a good tech somewhere closer can do it and check it over ?
    My classic is one the quietest amps I've played , if your having issues with noise maybe its also tube related , shouldn't be any pop between channels either .
    I still use an ISP decimator G string pedal if I want silence on high gain settings at higher volume and it its a great pedal for that . No sustain loss switching to clean either .
    Hopefully you'll get it sorted , 99% of probs I've had turned out to be tube related .
    yeah its been very disturbing to hear an amp that sounds good but do have problem changing channels... i really didnt want to send in to Fryette unless worst happens.. but since after i read one of your old thread finding the resistor which was faulty..

i have came to a decision point to take out that big chunk of board ...to have a complete clean up on the dust settling underneath it... and redo solder joints ... to see if it cures the channel pops... but i do have advice to change the relay which i only found one so far at the edge of the board between two effect loop jacks... lets see what can i learn out of it..

or have you ever taken the pcb board out for maintenance ? any advice what to look out for with respect to the wires and tranny taps beneath... ?

maybe soon as i completed the cleaning or pop solving i would try record a tune and you let me know if it sounds what is like originally...

I would avoid taking the pcb out unless you can confirm there's an actual prob with it , you could blow most of the dust out with compressed air probably if need be .
    If it was me I'd get a good matched set of tubes in there properly biased and check the pre amp , driver and p I tubes .
    If that doesn't sort it , unless your happy to tinker and in no rush , I'd find a good tech . Without a scope and real know how I've always found it frustrating trouble shooting probs and now i would just get a tech , I know finding a good one ain't easy though sometimes ... I've had some Lols .

I would avoid taking the pcb out unless you can confirm there's an actual prob with it , you could blow most of the dust out with compressed air probably if need be .
    If it was me I'd get a good matched set of tubes in there properly biased and check the pre amp , driver and p I tubes .
    If that doesn't sort it , unless your happy to tinker and in no rush , I'd find a good tech . Without a scope and real know how I've always found it frustrating trouble shooting probs and now i would just get a tech , I know finding a good one ain't easy though sometimes ... I've had some Lols .
    oh... not sure if a properly biased tubes would help ease the pops..but am sure that i already resoldered all the preamp tubes socket pins.. these old Pittbull i think are very poorly soldered.. i spotted few very faint soldered points on power tubes socket and preamp tubes sockets... the pop still persist.. i dont know if under laying soldering pins was weak too but i leave it as the last resort...

now i dump the chinese at V1 for a tungsol and its gotten much better...

Probably not with the pop , but with the overall tone and back ground noise , plus I've had some pre tubes cause some weird issues .
    As for pop not sure what the prob is there , you could try cycling through all channels a few times while on stand by warming up and see if that makes any difference , only a band aid though , needs a good tech by the sounds of it .