Thread: Memphis for Home Practice?

Default Memphis for Home Practice?

I am wanting to find a low wattage tube 1x12 combo amp to use just for practicing at home at lower volumes, but still getting into some warm, driven power tube tones. I've been looking at stuff like the Marshall SL5 and DSL15. Since I have always loved Fryette stuff, thought I'd look more into the Memphis, but from what I've read so far, it sounds more well suited for gigging as it's pretty loud?

HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50cl
    CABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12
    GUITARS: PRS

Ryanc,

Sound like you're in the market for a valvulator gp/di. Its basically an all-in-one solution for both practicing at home (can hook up to a cab or used emulated speaker output) and for easy, and (hopefully) amazing-sounding DI recording. Its gonna have a 1W power amp and from what i've read a pittbull-voiced, a deliverance-voiced, and a clean-voiced switchable preamp.

Personally i'm really looking forward to one of these for at home!

Agree...you will be surprised howled a watt can be.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Yeh I found the Memphis more suitable for stage / jamming then home practice , even at minimum volume it could be a bit loud so as above the GP/DI will probably be the best choice for that .

Exactly! 1 Watt is pretty loud. A 10 watt amp is half as loud as a 100 watt amp. Likewise, a 1 watt amp is half as loud as a 10 watt amp. Therefore a 1 watt amp is 1/4 the loudness of a 100 watt amp. Sounds like plenty of volume for home.

When will this be available? Is it like a mini head that I would just run a separate 1x12 cab with?

HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50cl
    CABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12
    GUITARS: PRS

Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    When will this be available? Is it like a mini head that I would just run a separate 1x12 cab with?
    Very soon , check out the thread / vids in the main section , you can run any cab - even a 4x12 or there is a specifically designed 1x12 matching cabinet ...