Thread: Unearth 'Giles' - Fryette amps & cabs

Default Unearth 'Giles' - Fryette amps & cabs

Looks like Pitbull CL or UL and Deliverances. Sounds pretty brutal, and the sweeps are so clean.

http://www.undergroundvideotelevisio.../Unearth-Giles

That's what I love about Fryette high gain tone, you can chug out such a percussive groove but when you play 3+ strings together you can hear each note without it turning to mud and when you play single notes they just cut like glass, so accurate and clean but still somehow high gain.

It's funny when my mate sweeps with this 5150 it sounds half decent, when he plugs into my deliverance it sounds like he started sweep picking yesterday. They're extremely revealing of poor technique.
    Last edited by phonix; 01-17-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Pittbull G100UL
    Deliverance 60
    Fatbottom 2x12

looks like the guy on the right used fb cabs and the left deliverance cabs.

Quote Originally Posted by phonix View Post
    It's funny when my mate sweeps with this 5150 it sounds half decent, when he plugs into my deliverance it sounds like he started sweep picking yesterday. They're extremely revealing of poor technique.
    LOL. Yeah, that really some pisses people off

That was a studio video. They wanted FB cabs on one side and D cabs on the other. On the record they used FB cabs, a combination of D120s and a ULs. On the tour they used all D cabs and a combination of ULs and D120s.

They did say that they would like to have a looser feel on the amps, but agreed that they also didn't want the attendant loss of performance that would result. Meanwhile their followers were raving about how precise they sounded live and how much they'd improved since the previous tour...
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut