Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCD & NPAD - 2x12 FB and GP3

Default NCD & NPAD x2 - 2x12 FB, GP3 + 2/90/2

I've had a deliverance 60 for a few years now and although I absolutely love the tones I get, I really need switchable cleans. Helps with certain songs and also easier to practice without having to dial in cleans then later dial back in gain. I really wanted a UL head, couldn't find one anywhere. A local guy (grumpypom - thanks mate!) offered to sell me his spare GP3 preamp so I gratefully accepted.

So...NPAD

Sadly I have no direct in or effects loop (damn you deliverance) so I had to test it through my HIFI amp lol. The cleans are so nice, the range of crunch is amazing and with a OD booster the gain is pretty brutal. I'll be doing the lead channel gain mod as it's not as saturated as my deliverance, but overall it's brilliant.

So playing more cleans last few days started getting real tired of the ice-pick treble of the vintage 30's in my mesa cab. Some love them, I like them with heavy gain, but cleans are not to my taste. Local store guy said he'd do me a deal on the last fatbottom 2x12 cab they had there, so I picked it up today. Oh man, it sounds freaking amazing

When using gain, the bass is huge, so fat and clean all the way through the low mids to the bottom most tones, it's like I added a subwoofer, with just enough brightness to balance it all out. With cleans it's warm and tight and I don't wince when I hit an upper register note. An added bonus is the switchable stereo so when my 2/90/2 arrives later this month I can run it in stereo mode (albeit at low volumes). Casters make it a lot easier to move too. Just a brilliant cab in all respects.

so.....NCD

Last edited by phonix; 01-21-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Very nice! You know, you can order an effects loop for the Deliverance and have a tech install it.

I didn't know it could be ordered....that would be wonderful. If they could include instructions on where to connect it to the existing PCB that would be a very worthwhile mod.

Congratulations ...

Being over there it makes more sense to get the effects loop kit than shipping.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Yeah I had no idea you could buy the parts from fryette I'm very tempted to do this. The deliverance is not something I think I could sell so a genuine fx loop would add some flexibility. Thanks! Still great to have the gp3 though I can't wait to hear it after I do the gain mod and can play it through the power amp.

Nice pick up , congrats !

very cool!!
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

So happy - picked up the 2/90/2 today. It's barely had any use, around 6 band rehearsals and one gig.

Godddamn, this rig rocks so hard. The range of cleans and crunch tones you can get are amazing, voxy bright, fendery warm, really spanking attack with no breakup, just a little breakup etc. The tone knobs actually work and you can massively sculpt the sound with them.

The power amp is just amazing too. One thing I noticed is it all has a lower noise floor than a head. It's like playing with my noise gate (ISP decimator G string) but I'm not, really eerie silence when I mute the strings between playing while at full volume. Also the amp is so smooth in it's transition off zero, it's far more 'bedroom friendly' than the deliverance which really surprised me.

The gain mod and the bodenhamer bloody murder as a boost are just nuts now. To me this setup is just perfect.

Pics!!

Pittbull G100UL
    Deliverance 60
    Fatbottom 2x12

Anddddd....rack done

Pittbull G100UL
    Deliverance 60
    Fatbottom 2x12

nice!!!!
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X