Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Desktop Recording Amplifier Project now on Kickstarter!

Thanks. I have to say this is exceeding my expectations in every way.

BTW, we're 3 pledges away from 50%.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...amp/pledge/new
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief
    www.facebook.com/steven.fryette

"What I create, I can destroy!" - Boris Karloff (Nightkey, 1937)

Default Almost to 50%

One more to go to get to the halfway mark. Who wants to be the one to push us into the home stretch?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...amp/pledge/new
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Default !

I think when this gets funded, the users that made the funding happen should get Fryette green and black special editions? An added incentive to push this into overdrive!

Hmmmm....

You realize you just made the transition from "if" to "when" right?
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Default Indeed

I've been known to make typos, forget to proof read, wax less than eloquent from time to time, and push it to the limit, but using the adverb "when" was very intentional...

Default This monkey's gone to heaven...

Just had to say I enjoyed seeing the "views" count at 666 just now
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Default Tip O The Day

I don't know about you, but my inbox has been hijacked way too often...but starting today I'm going to payback the world for all the posts, email, and gossip I didn't solicit...

JUST BECAUSE I CAN

It's pretty easy, just reply to the senders you receive mail from; think of the one time you purchased an item and you continue to get promos...just copy and past the KS link in a friendly reply, and there you go!

I just saved a draft with all the KS info and link I want to forward, and paste it in my reply back to the business who sent me their promo...

Failed to pledge?
    Come clean today and show your support
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.

I had never heard of kickstart , great idea and watching this happen and all the updates etc is great , being after a low watt amp its a complete no brainer for me , anyway just thought i would add , as i didnt know what happened with payment etc is that it wont come out till the end at 5th of November for anyone else who isnt sure , so if you want to get it on but cant swing it just now , you can, as long as you have your pledge balance available on the 5th of November .... so you can get on it now (or kick yourself later) ...

Default $2495 more and we're 98% of the way there

Teaser post title, I admit. But, for anyone whose already backed the project and is worried that this isn't going to get funded, consider this info from Kickstarter's website:

Name:  Kickstarter Screenshot.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  21.8 KB

Of course, word of mouth is how crowdfunding succeeds and what will push this project to completion - so keep it going. Keep talking and keep sharing, but take comfort that the percent chance likelihood of this thing going south is becoming minimal.

And Steve - keep the videos coming! Videos are the proof in the pudding.

And after this thing gets funded, I still want to see a Sig:X video where you walk through how you think about and use this thing - some exploratory methods of utilizing the saturation/voicing gain settings in conjunction with the voicing/mode switch and power settings. I have a hunch that even several years after it's release that there are tonal gems you've buried in there that we still haven't found.
    Nick Neilson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Default The long road is getting shorter by the hour...

Thanks, Nick, for the explanation, advice and support.

The great thing is that this project had built in energy before we even started it. Now it's not only building its own momentum, it's turning out to have more potential than we realized at first.

Upcoming vids will help illustrate that. But more to your point - it's your support and enthusiasm for the project that will make it succeed. When you participate, you get to say you were personally instrumental in making that come to pass - and you will be recognized for doing so on a dedicated page of our upcoming website revamp. So you need to get involved and take your place as one of those who when you say "I want something better" you commit to making it happen.

At the start of the KS intro vid I asked "what are we as guitar players trying to accomplish?". And you know the answer is enjoyment, inspiration and creative expression - not "do I sound just like EVH" or "gee, what a bitchen digital copy of a plexi sound!". It's hard to get across on a youtube video the difference between playing the GP/DI and the Axe/FX. But when you sit in front of them it's a whole different story. That's why we did this vid:

Joe uses the Axe a ton, so his reaction is the heart of our message.

Finally, I have to say that if the Sig:X is woefully under-represented in terms of demo/instructional material, the Memphis is virtually non-existent. I tried harder on the Memphis, but there's still a lot to say and do. We have more ability to do that now and you will be impressed when you see what we have in store

Thanks again for your support and spread the word!

SMF
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief