Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Desktop Recording Amplifier Project now on Kickstarter!

Default Not just a guitar recording tool...

When you write a song that gets your adrenaline going you want to get it down NOW. In my experience those usually arrive all wrapped up with a bow on top - meaning you hear the thing in your head pretty much complete - all the parts at once. So what do you do after you get the basic guitar part down at 4AM and you don't want to lose the bass riff that goes with it? You grab a bass and knock that out too. And the likelihood that you're going to capture it before it evaporates is much greater if all you have to to is unplug your guitar and plug your bass into the same rig all set up and ready to hit record. Even better if it sounds badass already and all you had to do was tweak the gain to nail it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=42eMtRA7tCU

We going to post the actual DI track in a minute, but here's the live sound into a cab on the cam mic. More to come
    Last edited by sfryette; 10-13-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: The usual...
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief
    www.facebook.com/steven.fryette

"What I create, I can destroy!" - Boris Karloff (Nightkey, 1937)

Question

Can it be used to warm-up stringed accoustic instruments live & recorded ? What about other instruments & vocals ?

All the tracks sound great so far.
    Last edited by sfryette; 10-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    Can it be used to warm-up stringed accoustic instruments live & recorded ? What about other instruments & vocals ?

All the tracks sound great so far.
    All of the above!

And thanks. We're really thrilled with how easy it is to get recorded sounds with this.
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

I am completely into the idea.
    The idea of having a low powered amp for at home more than appeals to me. Plus all of the other features .....DI / cab simulator / etc - going direct to board for live & recording. Being able to bring my sound in a small / light package. It is so well thought out & practical.

Finally someone is doing a 1 watt tube amp done right ..... This will change everything for guitar players. Once people get these & the word gets around I am sure you will sell a ton of these.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

wow, Missed a lot in the few days ive been away , pretty keen ... clicked on the eu/au spec question in FAQ and got nothing , anything in 240 voltage in the pipeline ? and is shipping confirmed at $49usd for Australia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    wow, Missed a lot in the few days ive been away , pretty keen ... clicked on the eu/au spec question in FAQ and got nothing , anything in 240 voltage in the pipeline ? and is shipping confirmed at $49usd for Australia ?
    Must be a browser issue, here is what the F.A.Q. states:

Will there be an EU/AU/JP Model?

Yes!
    We haven't decided yet whether we will be doing a single, switchable model or models for specific power requirements, but be assured that if you contribute, you will be able to use the GP/DI!

"Add $49 USD to ship outside the US."

Click to reserve yours today
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-15-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackButler View Post
    Must be a browser issue, here is what the F.A.Q. states:

Will there be an EU/AU/JP Model?

Yes!
    We haven't decided yet whether we will be doing a single, switchable model or models for specific power requirements, but be assured that if you contribute, you will be able to use the GP/DI!

"Add $49 USD to ship outside the US."

Click to reserve yours today
    Ah thanks , yeh found link works on mobile browser , righto then ... Treat myself I will

Default You Bet!

Current Standing

Backers
    $27,524
    pledged of $60,000 goal
    days to go

Default You wanted to hear direct clips...

...I wanted you to hear direct clips right next to mic'd cab clips. I've got nothin else to say...just smilin, that's all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpE3-3SGqP4
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Quote Originally Posted by sfryette View Post
    ... I've got nothin else to say...just smilin, that's all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpE3-3SGqP4
    You don't have to say anything, it speaks for it's self....soo bad ass!!! Great work Team Fryette!
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I