Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Desktop Recording Amplifier Project now on Kickstarter!

Default Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Desktop Recording Amplifier Project now on Kickstarter!

OK. For all of you asking about how to order, here you go!

This is the 1W amp project recently previewed on our facebook page. Visit https://www.facebook.com/FryetteAmps for regular updates, feature development and project videos.
    Last edited by sfryette; 10-06-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief
    www.facebook.com/steven.fryette

"What I create, I can destroy!" - Boris Karloff (Nightkey, 1937)

Glad to see the pre-orders are out. Just put in my pledge, even though I already have a 2502!

What applications did you guys have in mind when designing this?

Default Lets make this happen!

Thanks Mr. Fryette!

I am in!

Limited (7 of 50 remaining) as of 2:15pm CDT!
    We're a 3rd of the way there....

Trending in the right directon!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Default Lets get this out to your favorite FB pages!

New USA made 1 watt amp from Fryette Amplification! This Kickstarter project this is worth looking at! (I'm in and I've looked and waited for this for years...Think Styx (james young), Rob Caggiano - Anthrax/Volbeat, & Mick Mars - Motley Crue? These guys currently state they use Steve Fryettes power amps, see the following link! Plus this is a direct box and is both capable of clean, classic, & metal tones...Based on their D60 Deliverance but 1 watt vs 60. This unit can achieve any style sonically, must see!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-amp?ref=email

Copy, paste, & taste the sweetness this Kickstater project represents!
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks for your support!

As far as application please see the detailed explanation and intro video on Kickstarter. It is a very complete description.

Only a couple Early Adopter level pieces left!
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Default More on Kickstarter and low-watt amps...

I'm going to do a full blown article/blog in a day or so but in the meantime, I’m having thoughts. And I've cooled out a wee bit since I first posted this, so please read on...

It's a question of value. How does the end user comparatively judge value? Is it based on:

Sound?
    Quality?
    Price?
    Design?
    Feature set?

Of course, we assume it's a combination of all of these, but it seems to me that the price is a terrible way to judge value. Why? Because the price is often based on what the market will bear, assisted by the spin applied to the product. Example: A 1W tube amp selling for $1200 is spun as handbuilt, Made in USA, "Military Spec" (right - show me the chapter in the Pentagon Purchasing Handbook on tube guitar amps), NOS components, etc. Another 1W "tube amp" selling for $300 is MIC and has one, maybe two tubes surrounded by 80% solid state circuitry. In reality this is a solid state amp with a couple of tubes in it.

The first example sounds good, but has a stripped down feature set and you're buying it on faith that the craftsmanship and sound justify the cost. Honestly, this would be my choice if my only alternative was the second example, about which the rant continues.

The second example sounds like what it is - a SS amp masquerading as a tube amp - harsh, lifeless, and generally mojo-free. It seems like a good deal because it has a ton of features for the price. But the reality is, this product is 80% SS amp - a hybrid – not a tube hybrid, but a solid state hybrid. This is an important distinction.

I’ve been evaluating the more widely distributed mass market “mini tube amps” lately and I’m honestly not shocked to find such blatant examples of false product representation. I am shocked to see how easily consumers fall for this because the price is low. So here’s the deal. The price is not low just because it’s MIC. It’s low because it doesn't have many, or any, of the key parts that make a real, fully tube-based design more expensive to build than a SS amp.

So, it boils down to what you really want. Do you want a lot of moderately useful to irrelevant bells and whistles, so you can convince yourself you got a "good deal"? Or do you want to plug into something that makes the hair on your arms stand up and allows you to soar when you pick up a guitar? This is my definition of value.

I felt like we were going to have a challenge trying to come up with something really sweet that would crush sonically, jump through hoops, and make guitar players forget all about the world “out there” that makes us want to escape into music in the first place. Boy was I wrong. The GP/DI simply has no right to sound as good as it does this early in its development, but it does sound great and it's not even finished. And the price? The guys at the Amp Show were shocked after playing with it to hear $599 - like doubletake, snap your neck shocked. After having listened to all the competition now, that reaction is not so surprising.

If you're wondering whether or not our Kickstarter project is worth a try, let me just say this:

You're going to LOVE the way you sound. I guarantee it!

Cheers - and stop waiting for a great opportunity to get away from you

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-recording-amp

Steve
    Last edited by sfryette; 10-11-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Different kind of pissed off...
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief

Default And now for something completely different...

This ought to take the edge off for a minute

Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

Default Gp di

Remember the pledge states, $xxx.xx (or more) that is PLUS +

If everyone upgrades their $399 pledge to $599, that is 200 x 50 or $10,000 - I adjusted my price; it's worth it to me! A miniature Deliverance for $599! I'M ON BOARD - Plus DI and into the board....now I challenge everyone to not give as little, but as much as you can!

Then, everyone who is in the $499 pledge range add $100 that will move this along...and you are still only paying a head jerking $599, which is really a phenomenal price!

Partner with THE MAN on this innovative piece of inspiration
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-12-2013 at 12:06 AM.

The clips sound great ....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Default Micro Amps

Quote Originally Posted by sfryette View Post
    I'm going to do a full blown article/blog in a day or so but in the meantime....

....If you're wondering whether or not our Kickstarter project is worth a try, let me just say this:

You're going to LOVE the way you sound. I guarantee it!

Cheers - and stop waiting for a great opportunity to get away from you

Steve
    Here's GPs list of micro amps; the "FRYETTE" crushes what I've seen out there, it's exactly what I've been waiting for, and I can't wait to see the US made production version.

I believe there is a market for a TRUE micro tube recording amp! (I guess we wouldn't see the GP DI this far along if SF didn't believe the same thing?)

What would our favorite players of a bygone era have picked if the GP DI were available?
    If the GP DI were available back then, the choice would be obvious!

Read on...Read on....Read until your dreams come true...

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/...be-amps/148843
    Last edited by JackButler; 10-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.