Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hi everyone, Iím a new member from Belgium and would like to introduce myself.

I recently acquired a Memphis 30 combo. Iím not an amp expert at all, thatís why I joined this forum, so I could ask ignorant questions at knowledgeable people.

I stumbled upon the Memphis in a Fender test room, filled with their high end amps. The Memphis was tucked away in a corner behind some Fenders. I decided to give it a try, 15 minutes later I knew I had found my amp.

All my guitars are Tokais (Iím a fan), except for one Fender Baja.

A special thanks to the people who made an effort to help me join this forum.

Questions:

-Thereís a volume increase on the gain channel when I engage the voicing switch from smooth to crisp to fat, is this normal?

-When the amp is on/operate, thereís a little more buzz/noise on the clean channel than on the gain channel (guitar plugged in, not played), also normal?

Thanks for reading.

PS: I want to apologize for the grammatical and vocabulary errors I made and going to make in the future.

Hi .. nice choice , i had a combo a fair while ago and yes the noise you'll notice when not playing or very low volume on the clean channel is normal , as for the other question i cant remember , though most likely as from memory it adds more gain and mids ... someone on here will know anyway .... enjoy the amp, and dont worry about typos , welcome aboard .

Welcome fellow Beneluxer !

I *think* I know what the deal is with the volume increase but I'll leave it up to Steve/Dave to explain it. Same for the noise/hiss. Tip: read up on the Sig:X user experiences.

Giga

Welcome to the forum!!!

I don't own a Memphis so i cant comment there.
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Thanks for the welcome.