Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attenuator for 2/56/2

Lightbulb

I have been thinking about setting up my rack around my Deliverance 120 & Sig X .... this gives me a few other ideas about options to try. I would be interested in any other unusual rig options you have tried...

..... Big fan of the Super Fuzz.
    Last edited by stephen sawall; 02-23-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Lightbulb

this thread just boggled my mind.....thank you!!!! i would LOVE to hear what this sounds like...do a sound demo or something Steve, please?
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireSG View Post
    this thread just boggled my mind.....thank you!!!! i would LOVE to hear what this sounds like...do a sound demo or something Steve, please?
    Agree .... The idea of using a 2/50/2 as a distortion generator in a rig like this is something I would have never thought about doing....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

There's also this method - shown using either a head with no line out or a head with a line out.

Name:  SLAVE RIG.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  85.2 KB

In either scenario you can sub a dry cab for the dummy load. With the Palmer, you can connect a cab which will defeat the internal dummy load and it will still serve as an adjustable line level signal source (a well as some post amp/cab EQ for fine adjustment of the sound coming from the wet cabs.

You can easily sub 1X12 cabs for the stereo 4X12s if you can't haul a lot of cabs or the soundman at the club is bigger than you..
    Steven Michael Fryette
    Rantmeister In Chief
    www.facebook.com/steven.fryette

"What I create, I can destroy!" - Boris Karloff (Nightkey, 1937)

Quote Originally Posted by sfryette View Post
    You need two - maybe. What's the rest of your rig?

There are solutions like this one (the height of insanity, I know, but kills)...

Attachment 720

I have the Two/Fifty/Two power amp set up with each channel driving a different load box. Channel A runs in Class AB mode and drives the Palmer PGA-04 @ 8 ohms. Channel B runs in Class A mode and drives the THD Hotplate @ 16 ohms.

Using the power amps channel volumes and the output levels on the loads, you can achieve completely different dynamic response and saturation characteristics. Each channel/load connects to a dedicated Digital Music GCX loop so they can be switched in between the GP3 and the TC2290 on the fly or as part of a MIDI preset, thus forming two 50W EL34 based distortion pedals

If the mood strikes, I can run them both in series

And then there may be a more ratrional approach depending on your set-up and needs...

Attachment 721

In this example, preamp or head line out signal goes into Channel A Input. One of the two Channel A speaker out jacks goes to a load box and gets cranked. The other Channel A output is plugged directly into Channel B INPUT. Simon says it's OK as long as you have a load on Channel A. You can also use the line out of the load box if available, but this works just as well and keeps the wiring short and clean. Simply set Channel B to low input sensitivity using the front panel level switch. Channel A is the distortion generator and overdrive amount is set by Channel A Volume. Channel B output goes to a speaker cab and overall playing volume is set by Channel B Volume.

Sometimes I think I should write a book about all the crazy things you can do with tube amps that most people wouldn't dare try...

I don't have any words right now, this is just mental. I would expect fire and smoke from doing this not awesome tone

Pittbull G100UL
    Deliverance 60
    Fatbottom 2x12