Thread: Just got a second foot switch for my Memphis...

Default Been having fun with the loop on my Memphis...

Just got a second foot switch for my Memphis and have been having a blast with the loop as a boost/diminish. I set the loop to serial, used a one foot cable to loop the send back to the return, then use the loop level control to adjust the volume up or down. As a boost the loop appears to be after the pre-amp and offers a purely clean boost. This can be used with either channel as a volume boost - most cool. I know several of us wish that the built in boost had a level control to control the volume boost that comes with it. Well with the loop acting as a diminish you can accomplish this! You activate both the boost (for gain and volume boost) and the loop (to adjust the overall volume where you want it) and voila - controllable boost! I can even position the pedals in such a way as to hit both switches at once! This really opens up some new possibilities with the Memphis. One cool and versatile amp just became more cool and versatile!

Last edited by GuitArtMan; 01-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Lightbulb

With most amps you do not need to use a cord between the send & return to do this. Try removing that cord ... I would guess it will still work.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    With most amps you do not need to use a cord between the send & return to do this. Try removing that cord ... I would guess it will still work.
    I'll give it a try and report back. This is really the first time I've ever messed around with a loop on an amp.

Ok Steven you were correct - you don't need the patch cable to the send looped back to the return - this must be done internally when nothing is plugged in.

Arrow

I thought so .... several of my amps do the same thing.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.