Thread: SAS pedal... but how would a boostassio sounds?

Default SAS pedal... but how would a boostassio sounds?

Hi just happy to getta SAS Fryette Distortion pedal.. i gotten it used and i'll try to getta new piece off from Dave if he has gotten one.. just get it to pushed my front end of my 50CL and yes i just like the way it sounded very hairy with fatten up notes sweet in a way with the "Dry" character still very dynamic has gotten the bites and chomps i want...

amp gain set at 1400,master 1400, channel volume 0830,treble 1530,mids 1300, bass 1300.

SAS set at: Gain slightly crack open 800?, Bias set more towards Pissed 1500, volume at 1000.

i dont know how would anyone uses the pedal itself when i tried setting it clean 50CL i backed off the treble at 11am..

this pedal has huge volume response when pushing a clean tone..i set the other way round with gain at 10:00 and bias more towards bliss at 1030.. volume just cracked open... mmmmm imo it sounded very much fuzz than distortion.. but i like it when pushed to gain to 1500 as what Steve describe thats what the intention of this pedal is about.. kinda like the old super cranked up black sabbath tone "Sweet leaf" very fun playing it as if speakers are getting tons out lol

i got amazed too when setting this pedal to clean... very beautiful cleans ! gain at zero and pushed the volume to way up high 1100...

nice pedal ! i'll getta new pedal soon as i gotten it used from TGP...

anyone have the boostassio? could describe further please? i'll like to get hold of one dont know how it compares to the SAS ....

my only dislike about this pedal is that its gotten a different sized power cable socket off from the SAS unit.. i gotten a danish CIOKS AC8 and the cable they provided standard didnt fit.. i was wondering if its the cause of the AC12V requirements of this pedal ?
    Last edited by HopkinWFG; 12-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I still very much like my SAS .... my favorite way to use it is with the amp set up to crunch without much gain. Pedal set gain just barely on, bias 10/11 o'clock, volume unity or slight boost. It actually has a pretty good range of sounds it can be used for ....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    I still very much like my SAS .... my favorite way to use it is with the amp set up to crunch without much gain. Pedal set gain just barely on, bias 10/11 o'clock, volume unity or slight boost. It actually has a pretty good range of sounds it can be used for ....
    Yeah a very good boost pedal ill say too ! it just gotten my CL tone bolder with more expression the vibe and "Hair" without loosing too much of the dynamic if boosted with Volume at 10am,bias on 10am too gain off or cracked .... but the SAS turns out to be a boost pedal for me instead of being a distortion pedal when running thru a clean set up signal..

Heard the Boostassio is a very very clean boost pedal too... was wondering if the Boostasio would be roughly same as the SAS without the Gain knob?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    Yeah i did the same too... now my CL tone get lots more vibe and i got addicted to it.. as its more responsive in a way..still not loosing too much dynamics there with volume boost from the SAS... the SAS inturn being a boost pedal instead than a distortion pedal running thru clean signal for my application..

am now hunting for a Boostassio pedal as said to be cleaner in operation... wonder if the Boostassio is just another SAS but without the Gain factor?

If Dave could Hit me up with a Boostassio?

You too hope it's been a good one! I've had a very fryette christmas, Santa stuffed a preamp and power amp into my stocking, I must have been good this year haha

Quote Originally Posted by alezy View Post
    You too hope it's been a good one! I've had a very fryette christmas, Santa stuffed a preamp and power amp into my stocking, I must have been good this year haha
    haha... congrats but none wouldn't be as good as showing us a picture over at the picture section