Thread: Broken impedance selector on early model 2150

Default Broken impedance selector on early model 2150

I just was moving this beast into a new rack and noticed that the left channel impedance selector was protruding slightly. When I touched it the spring tension forced it outward. It looks like the plastic "claw" that holds a small metal rod is broken (the remnants inside the cavity I assume).

I'm guessing I need a new selector at least, but even if I had that, I'm not sure how to position it in the hole. So, I'm asking where do I get the parts I need to reaplce it and how do I do that!

It's also a very early model, Nov '89 according to Fryette support.

I've had the same thing with my 2/50/2. They both were kinda scratchy from the start and in the end they broke.

I solved it by rivetting little aluminium plates over the original hole in the chassis and putting some heavy duty rotary switches in the I found at an internetshop like Farnell or RS (don't remember). They have a regular shaft so you can fit a normal knob on it instead of those inconvenient slots.
    The only thing you have to keep an eye on is that the switch(es) aren't physically too big to fit.

Good luck !

Giga

Is that little metal rod supposed to be loose? I think it was set at 16 ohms, but I don;t know how to open the other channel's selector to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by enigmachrysalis View Post
    Is that little metal rod supposed to be loose? I think it was set at 16 ohms, but I don;t know how to open the other channel's selector to see how it works.
    Got your support email. We'll reply with replacement info shortly. But yes, you need to replace the entire assembly and replacement parts are available. Don't try to "open" the other one. Once you pull it apart it's toast.
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

Default Thank you!

Much thanks Senor!

I wasn't sure if I had replied to the proper address initially since I didn't list the model and serials #s and the form wasn't really detailed in my submission.

I sent another message to support@fryette.com which you can ignore unless it helps detail the problem more thoroughly.

Default Part Found!!

For all those unable to find the part, it is a Schurter model 0033.4032 available from Mouser HERE.

There are other parts in the same range (change the last three digits of the code) which are the same but have different markings on them, just in case stock of these run out for some reason.