Thread: ... and now for something completely different...

Lightbulb ... and now for something completely different...

Plugged into THD Bivalve .... line-out(instrument level) into front of Fryette Deliverance 120 / THD Hot Plate.
    Plenty of interesting sounds .... not enough time for any real conclusions. But it opened up a lot different textures & ability's to shape the sound....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Interesting. Bivalve loaded with Hotplate?
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

Arrow

The Bivalve has a built in Hot Plate .... does not sound as good as the separate unit. The way I am using it is one of the ways it was designed to be used. When you disconnect the speaker from the Bivalve there is a built in load. The Line-Out has a switch with two levels ~ (Instrument / Line) & a level pot. I make sure not to drive the front of the amp (D120) any more than my guitar does. This allows me to overdrive the poweramp of the Bivalve using it kind of like a distortion box in front of the Deliverance.

Basically I run the D120 clean / point of breakup and use it to control the dB's and shape sound. I have my Blue Hot Plate after the Deliverance .... set for -4/8 dB's or full.

I did this often years ago when I owned a 1976 SUNN Model T. Ed Degenaro uses this method sometimes & recommended me trying it with my SUNN. Yesterday was the first time I tried it with my D120 ....so far I think I like the Deliverance better by itself. But this is a good way to add a different kind of distortion and get more distortion of a different flavor at much lower dB's in the room.

The line out on the Bivalve & other THD gear sounds much better than most line-outs to my ears and I sometimes use them to drive effects or do rough tracks. It does need a fair amount of post EQ to do tracks.
    Last edited by stephen sawall; 07-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.