Thread: Good for Blues?

Default Good for Blues?

Anyone use the Deliverance 60 for blues? I've owned mostly EL34- and 84-based amps in the past but am always on the tone quest for something different. Recently I had a Dr. Z Monza that really sang but it was also a fairly muddy amp. I need to go from clean to mean, with lots of sustain when I need it. I use a Les Paul Standard and a Firebird, by the way.
    Last edited by dsiar; 06-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.

It's great for blues, and you don't have to worry about muddy tones. I did some crappy clips a few years ago, but you get the picture of what the amp is capable of.

Default Deliverance Clips

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting those clips, Kelly. I really appreciate it! Practically all of the Deliverance ciips on Youtube illustrate the high gain mode, so your clips were useful.

Dave

Arrow

The cleans and point of break up sounds are great. Very dynamic & reactive to picking dynamics .... can easy cover any style including Blues...
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

I don't know if this is your idea of bluesy tone, but it's still one of my faves for demonstrating the kind of low-gain liquid blues capability the amp has. If you can get this sound with it, I would say, you can easily get Albert King, Freddy King, Johnny Winter, etc...

http://www.fryette-users.com/forums/...12-Combo-Clips

BB would shudder if i called this blues, but anyways...