Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GC idiots, Fryette SAS, and some poor schmuck???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    I got you all beat. An SAS pedal came in from a GC store for "warranty repair". The SAS uses an EF86 tube (miniature pentode). It arrived back at the factory with this in it - a television tube not even remotely something you would find in a guitar shop - especially GC. Obviously someone took it home, swapped out the EF86 with some useless piece of crap and returned it for a refund. NICE!:
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    REVERBNATION :: BIG CARTEL :: YOUTUBE :: TWITTER :: FACEBOOK

If you like epic, progressive, atmospheric, soundscape metal - you could do worse than check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by drewfx View Post
    ha yeh the guy who did this is either pretty dopey or knows how to score free reverb drivers haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ha yeh ive that scene play out too many times ... yeehaa for interwebz shopping
    Yea I agree, but sometimes it's nice to be able to walk out of a local music shop with an item! They have it discounted, they don't have the box/manual/power supply. But it was the clearance price that brought me back in with cash in hand... excited about coming home with a cool new tone machine!! I'm not having the best of luck seeking out a "bargain" used one, so I may go ahead and do business with them? But I'd still have to wait on receiving a replacement power supply in the mail from Fryette!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason G View Post
    Yea I agree, but sometimes it's nice to be able to walk out of a local music shop with an item! They have it discounted, they don't have the box/manual/power supply. But it was the clearance price that brought me back in with cash in hand... excited about coming home with a cool new tone machine!! I'm not having the best of luck seeking out a "bargain" used one, so I may go ahead and do business with them? But I'd still have to wait on receiving a replacement power supply in the mail from Fryette!
    Yeh true , not all retails bad and the try before you buy is an advantage ... though price wise usually the interwebs easily wins it ... its even cheaper for me to buy 2 sets of strings from the U.S and have them posted to my door then the price of 1 set from my local without adding time/fuel etc ...same as tubes here , i dont understand the huge mark up ... but like you say you can get lucky on a sale item ... hopefully you'll get one without a TV tube in it

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    i dont understand the huge mark up ...
    It is the same with anything you buy .... not just music gear.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen sawall View Post
    It is the same with anything you buy .... not just music gear.
    yeh maybe but if something like strings are 60% percent cheaper to buy online from o/s than they shouldnt wonder why music retails a struggling market ... if a large chain buying in wholesale bulk quantitys wont get anywhere near 50% the price a single consumer can they shouldnt expect too much local support ..