Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC idiots, Fryette SAS, and some poor schmuck???!!!!

Default GC idiots, Fryette SAS, and some poor schmuck???!!!!

So, my local GC has a spankin' new/unused stock FRYETTE SAS pedal in their "blowout" case. Really cool... right???!!! So, I go there to purchase it after much research, and just before I payout I realize there is no AC adapter!! I say "whoa, how do I power this thing??... does it have an original box or power adapter?"...(I noticed the '12VAC' @ the power connection of the pedal).

The GC sales person says "man, if it says 'volts DC' then you're on the wrong continent"... "the USA runs on 'AC' power and if you ever see otherwise you should run the other way"...??? I was like, what the "F" ??? So I tried to explain voltage & amp draw... but they ganged up saying I'd be just fine with a "generic" AC adapter like the "OneSpot" connector??? I said "no way... it says here(on the rear of the SAS pedal) 12VAC"!! AC!!! They continued with the "a typical 9V dc adapter will work just fine" argument... and go on to tell me that there are several guys locally that use a big Fulltone tube tape echo"!!! and that these guys get by with an AC brick like the green T-Rex Fuel Tank... (which I like alot BTW), but I'm short on cash for BOTH!!??? This green "brick" power supply by T-Rex has assignable voltage levels... including a 12VDC AND a 12VAC.
    So I have them download and PRINT the SAS manual and I finally convince them that I'd need a particular AC Adapter...... I show them the power inputs of ALL the pedals they have in stock, and they finally backed away from their intimidating "push" against my argument !!!
    So... I wonder what poor schmuck wound up w/ that power adapter!! What do you think happened to that poor soul powering his pedals w/an awesome HeavyDuty Fryette adapter... and burned up his pedals??? Burned up his pedals??? Don't know???
    Also, can I go ahead and purchase the SAS & that power supply brick? Will it power the SAS OK & with warranty?? Or do I need to order in a replacement AC supply??? AND, will I be covered by warranty if I purchase this "new" pedal???

thanks for reading,
    jason g

Lightbulb

I would get a SAS at a other Guitar Center & never go in that store again in less completely necessarily. That is pathetic ... but does not surprise me from my experience with many employed all over the world for many company's & businesses. People make mistakes .... But that is a bit crazy if you ask me.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Don't know what it is about GC and accessories, but don't feel too all alone. They lose more amplifier footswitches than all of our other dealers worldwide combined. The SAS pedals that get put into the display rack routinely end up with missing AC adapters.

Like Stephen says, either go back and get another one with the adapter or go to a different location and get one. Or ask for an additional $15 off and order a replacement from us ($12 plus shipping).

Yes, it's under warranty.
    Last edited by support; 04-19-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

ha you gotta luv some guitar shops eh , no wonder most people buy online if possible these days... but hey someone once said "were else can you go to see some doofus play slap bass to some poor kid who just wants to buy an entry level instrument while you wait 20 minutes to pay 12 dollars for 3 guitar picks " and i had to laugh cause its a common scenario ....

To be honest, there are really pedals out there that will work with either. F.i. my Line6 MM4 says it needs 9 VAC but also works at 12VDC

Giga

Quote Originally Posted by Giga View Post
    To be honest, there are really pedals out there that will work with either. F.i. my Line6 MM4 says it needs 9 VAC but also works at 12VDC

Giga
    yeh not something i would be keen to experiment with though ,theres a certainly a few that dont ... been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ha you gotta luv..."where else can you go to see some doofus play slap bass to some poor kid who just wants to buy an entry level instrument while you wait 20 minutes to pay 12 dollars for 3 guitar picks " ....
    That is so funny because it sounds exaggerated.. but it's NOT at all!!!
    I've experienced the exact freakin' thing??? Some of these guys get off on/and think they're there to be a rock god to these poor inexperienced/new players who have to stand there and watch their "salesperson" w/guitar-face ripping out every impressive riff he knows... and when he's done the new player is either in awe or feels so totally incompetent as a player he/she leaves discouraged about playing... so unfortunate and unnecessary???.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason G View Post
    That is so funny because it sounds exaggerated.. but it's NOT at all!!!
    I've experienced the exact freakin' thing??? Some of these guys get off on/and think they're there to be a rock god to these poor inexperienced/new players who have to stand there and watch their "salesperson" w/guitar-face ripping out every impressive riff he knows... and when he's done the new player is either in awe or feels so totally incompetent as a player he/she leaves discouraged about playing... so unfortunate and unnecessary???.....
    ha yeh ive that scene play out too many times ... yeehaa for interwebz shopping

Went into GC once when I was in LA.

Felt bad for anyone forced to sell their wares through those tosspots.
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    REVERBNATION :: BIG CARTEL :: YOUTUBE :: TWITTER :: FACEBOOK

If you like epic, progressive, atmospheric, soundscape metal - you could do worse than check us out!

I got you all beat. An SAS pedal came in from a GC store for "warranty repair". The SAS uses an EF86 tube (miniature pentode). It arrived back at the factory with this in it - a television tube not even remotely something you would find in a guitar shop - especially GC. Obviously someone took it home, swapped out the EF86 with some useless piece of crap and returned it for a refund. NICE!:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut