Thread: Rivera Rockcrusher Attenuator

Default Rivera Rockcrusher Attenuator

Has anyone tried the Rivera Rockcrusher attenuator(or any type of attenuator)with a Deliverance.Thoughts and opinions,Thanks..........

i use a HotPlate occasionally with no problems. i use it mostly for the line-out but it does add another layer of cool tones to be able to use the master volume at 12:00 - 2:00.

mike

Arrow

I use a Hot Plate often with my Deliverance 120 & Sig X .... very useful for me. When using poweramp distortion it is nice to have a little dB control. I set the amp up different with different settings on the attenuator. In most cases this just means adjusting the high & low end. I prefer to use the -4 & -8dB settings but do use them all.
    Last edited by stephen sawall; 04-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro View Post
    Has anyone tried the Rivera Rockcrusher attenuator(or any type of attenuator)with a Deliverance.Thoughts and opinions,Thanks..........
    I haven't tried the Rockcrusher, and don't own a Deliverance...yet!!! But I have been looking/listening to a bunch of demos/reviews of the Rivera Rockcrusher and I think it has been superiorly thought out and may well be the finest unit on the market.

FWIW, I would say the only way for you to know for sure is to pick one up and give it a good thorough workout with your rig and in the way you are wanting/needing it to perform for you!! If I was in the position to buy an attenuator it would be this Rivera unit without question!! The Hotplates are well built and work ok, but their technology is kinda dated as far as I know? I used them in the late 90's with marginally acceptable results. I see the Rockcrusher as an evolution of the Hotplate.

best regards,

jason g

Here's a clip with a D120H thru a Rockcrusher. The RC seems to subdue the mids and smooth over the aggressiveness in the tone a bit. It's not a bad tone, but I don't think it's a great representation of what the amp sounds like plugged straight in.

This clip is on Studio mode with the master volume at 9 O'Clock.

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/81408497429-D120H.mp3