Thread: sas/boostassio/vox

Default sas/boostassio/vox

These do work with my vox handwired amp, I get microphonic squeals big time. They are probably best on a clean amp they just dont work with vox, sounds mean on bed room settings but loud it sounds better with out the pedals!

thanks for your input, would you mind telling us more about your set-up?
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

The email you sent to Kevin was a little hard to decipher, but from what I could figure out, it sounds like you're saying you tried two different Vox models. One with a Master Volume bypass function. When you have that amplifier Gain and MV up full (MV bypassed), the pedal squeals. When the Master is engaged, it's OK and with the amp that can’t bypass the MV, it’s OK. Is that right?

If so, I would suggest that you are just running too much gain and volume on the amp with perhaps the pedal close enough to the speaker that it is inducing feedback.

It would be helpful to know exactly which amp models you were using and your gain/volume/tone settings for the amp AND the pedal(s).
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    The email you sent to Kevin was a little hard to decipher, but from what I could figure out, it sounds like you're saying you tried two different Vox models. One with a Master Volume bypass function. When you have that amplifier Gain and MV up full (MV bypassed), the pedal squeals. When the Master is engaged, it's OK and with the amp that canít bypass the MV, itís OK. Is that right?

If so, I would suggest that you are just running too much gain and volume on the amp with perhaps the pedal close enough to the speaker that it is inducing feedback.

It would be helpful to know exactly which amp models you were using and your gain/volume/tone settings for the amp AND the pedal(s).
    im using a 2010 handwired ac15 I tried running it using the master volume, I have the gain/volume knob at 10 o clock and the pedal volume @ 8 o clock pretty low and the gain on the pedal @ 9 or 10 o clock had the pedal about 3 feet and still got the squeal and didnt have the full thick sound i was getting a lower volume. I ended up taking it back

Quote Originally Posted by ken3744 View Post
    These do work with my vox handwired amp, I get microphonic squeals big time. They are probably best on a clean amp they just dont work with vox, sounds mean on bed room settings but loud it sounds better with out the pedals!
    I noticed the same thing at Guitar center when I plugged them into another amp. Then plugged back into my gp3-2902 and the squeals are gone. It's the amp. I never realized how much quieter my amp is compared to the comp. until I ran them side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by ken3744 View Post
    These do not work with my vox handwired amp, I get microphonic squeals big time. They are probably best on a clean amp they just dont work with vox, sounds mean on bed room settings but loud it sounds better with out the pedals!
    do not work I meant
    Marshall DSL40c
    EVH Striped Series
    Epiphone Les Paul Special ll LTD