Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got my Boostassio!

Quote Originally Posted by CARSANDGUITARS View Post
    In response to never hearing that the gp3 lacks enough balls, that can't be true. Read the online reviews. Steve himself designed a mod to satisfy many complaints of this exact nature. It distorts well but wont ticken up or compress on the high E. Too plucky, not enough drive. Not just this guitar, several I've tried. I wish it would crunch like a 5150. Not saying that amp sounds good, but it DOES have gain. Steve, make a metal amp. I know yall will step in and say "my amp does metal". Yeah it does metal rythms better than any other. But not so true for leads. JMO
    That mod was designed not to "fix" anything, but to demonstrate that more gain is not the solution (and is why we do not offer or support that mod here). It just increases compression and washes out the mids. The GP3 is articulate like the heads and the clarity that some people equate with lack of gain is exactly the thing that is lacking in amps with 5150 gain levels. The fake "metal amps" out there just produce fizz and mud. Real amps like the Deliverance and Ultra-Lead are what many real metal players use and record with - even if they "endorse" something else.
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    With the SAS gain and bias all the way down, the Boostassio is still cleaner and more transparent. Mainly it adds more of that small single power tube pushed 60s practice amp quality.
    Thank you ... this made it clear...
    The SAS with the gain low or off and using the volume to push the front of the D120 is one of my favorite ways to use the pedal....
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Last edited by CARSANDGUITARS; 12-13-2011 at 08:52 PM.

In further review, the Boostassio is great but sensitive! I hate evreything at first. Don't let my OCD rambling stop anyone from trying this out.
    Last edited by CARSANDGUITARS; 12-13-2011 at 08:55 PM.

i want a boosto SO bloody badly, but i never seem to have the extra dosh to get one. i wanna whack one in my siggie's fx loop. to use as an alternate preamp (of sorts) with an vox/ef86 vibe, which is how i use my lovepedal super 6 (blackface) & pro analog dirt roy (dumple). i can tell from the demos i've heard that it'd KILL with my siggie...

ml
    "I come from a background of experimental music which mingled real sounds together with musical sounds." - Ennio Morricone

"no, no, you're all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-ZON that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

"no no no, a little more hew-manatee, pleez!" - tr