Thread: KT88's

Default KT88's

Saw a post of some guy on Rig-Talk using Chinese Shuguang KT88-98's. Hey said the Siggy sounded huge and was a big improvement.

According to the TubeDepot "The Sino KT88-98 is a greatly improved version and is a cost-effective and suitable replacement for any KT88 and a perfect replacement for the famous Genalex Gold Lion KT88. Looks and performs very close to the original."

Anybody ever try these ?

i put them in, but it was after my head was having issues, so i really didnt get a good chance to side by side the stock vs. the new ones.....head sounded great though. I recently sold it to my brother in law, but i was going to put stock sovteks back in so i could see the difference
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Bumping this. I'd like to know if anyone else has any thoughts/input on the Sino KT88s

FWIW my brother in law still has the same tubes in his SigX, and he gigs the shit out of the amp.

I will say, once my tubes go in my UL ill stay with the stock tubes. The Fryette guys have said numerous times, if there was a better tube for their qualification process, they would be using them.
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I