Thread: deliverance 120 vs. 60?

Default deliverance 120 vs. 60?

What is the differance between the two? can you obtain same volume from D60? I have a 120 and looking for another. Its seems D60's are much more available used?

I have only owned the D120, but it's my understanding that the D120 has a bigger 'sonic footprint'. It just sounds more huge. Some people equate it to 'more aggressive and bigger'. The D60, according to support, sounds a little more like a cranked amp that is about to explode, which some people equate to 'more aggressive'. So I guess it comes down to personal preference. The D120 definitely has more headroom.

I personally wanted the 'biggest' and 'thickest' sound, so I opted for the 120, although my Sig X sees most of my playing time.

HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50cl
    CABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12
    GUITARS: PRS

i moved this to the Deliverance side of the forum...

i own a D120, and the other guitar player in my band has the D60....while i haven't played his head myself, and we use pretty different sonic footprints, i have seen a ton of difference between the 2 heads....but i will try and check his out soon. and ill report back my findings
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Exclamation whoa!!!

i'm kinda glad i came back and re-read this....what i actually meant to say was i DON'T see/hear a ton of difference....jeesh, sorry about that...but i still haven't tried the head myself....i should be doing some tracking with it coming up in about a month...i'll still report back after i check them out side by side
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Curious about any tonal differences. Anyone have any shootout clips?

Does 1 sound 'better' at relatively lower volumes than the other, or do they both need to be cranked up to live band volume and above before they start really sounding good?

HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50cl
    CABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12
    GUITARS: PRS

Arrow

I tried both in a direct A/B with my guitar & a Deliverance 4x12 cab & much preferred the D120. But it was not like there was huge differences. They are very similar & it is only taste. Many prefer one or the other.

This was the best I have found....
    " CLX has a single 12AX7 driver stage, a different power transformer, a different output transformer and Dual Class Mode. It breaks up easier and has a bit more give - besides the EL34 voice.

UL does not have DualClass switch. Never did. Neither model has ever had Enhance Mode - the switchable tube/ss rectifier function.

The differences between the 2 models has varied over time, but has been stable over the last roughly 10 years. See: http://www.fryette-users.com/forums/...-of-the-vht-ul

Difference between the D60 and D120 is the driver stage. The 120 has a 2-tube driver/PI stage similar to the UL. The 60 has the single stage like the CLX. Preamp voicing is the same, but because of the difference in output and driver stage, the 60 sounds more pissed off compared to the 120 which sounds more like a bulldozer coming down your street." - support
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Damn. Guess I need both lol.

More pissed sounds good but so do bulldozers.