Thread: Classic head = CLX ?

Default Classic head = CLX ?

Hey dear Fryette users i have recently caught up with someone who is trying to sell the classic head which i know of its the early work of the Fryette.. i may wanna try getting it but am rather confused with the earlier Classic to the today's CLX...does it differs from the CLX?

and does the old Classic head comes in with 230V (British) tweakable transformer?

Thanks !

Hey Jun , your best bet to be 100% sure is get the serial number or at least the year model and ask Dave , as far as i know Peavey was using the name "Classic" and asked for the name change and it changed to CLX ,the very eary ones might be a bit different but mid 90s are as far as i know ,pretty much the same , though the later models have the gain stacking feature..all up though the Classics still a killer 3 channel EL34 amp , if its at the right price you probably wont regret it.. especially if its got the EQ.

Hey Cam thanks long time no see! Well i think it is a newer generation of the Classic head since you mentioned if it comes with "gain stack" and it mentioned it has gotta egde,boost and shift.. it does not come with the EQ but i think it would still be a killer amp for such a price..

it is a rare head being posted twice and no one seems to bother and probably if i miss it and t would be hard to come by for another one... lol anyway would the classic be changable for a 230V british mains ?

Hiya ..yeh still here man , still have a Classic myself , yeh i meant the CLX has the gain stacking (high / normal gain toggle switches ) though i did see someone modded one awhile back and retro fitted them to i think a Classic or couldve been an Ultralead, i havnt seen them as standard yet , and the later ones also have the series / parallel loop . Yeh well cool if its at the right price ,sounds good , 3 channels are better than 2 ! yeh as far as i know a good tech can change the voltage fairly easy .. there was also a front mount 2x12 combo w/eq for sale in Singapore on ebay to 230v wasnt cheap though .. around 2600/2700 usd as i recall .. though thats about what i paid for mine here in Aus.. i see them going Way cheaper in the States...meh, money well spent anyway.. if you have an amp for over 3 years must be allright eh... get some pics up if you get it..
    Last edited by Cam; 05-29-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks buddy !