Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What multi-fx are you running with your Sig X??

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireSG View Post
    upper left hand corner of the picture is this
    http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm
    I need to pick one up .... it is built with better parts and cheaper then the other one's available.
    Clean channel is default ~ so it allows you to do everything the foot pedal does. All 3 channels, boost and loop.
    Last edited by stephen sawall; 08-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Yup. It works well. I don't recommend using the program changes with the Sig X though - the amp seems to really lag when switching all four switches at once from the Control Switcher. If I send midi CC's to the control switcher to toggle the switches, it's seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by drewfx View Post
    Yup. It works well. I don't recommend using the program changes with the Sig X though - the amp seems to really lag when switching all four switches at once from the Control Switcher. If I send midi CC's to the control switcher to toggle the switches, it's seamless.
    Interesting. So I checked with Voodoo Lab about this. Their reply below:

Not sure how it could be true. The Control Switcher certainly doesn't switch at any different speed based on the message type. Could be how he programmed his controller or something. John C.
    Dave Phelge
    Chief Misconception Eradicator
    support@fryette.com

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be". - Kurt Vonnegut

i'm really thinking about going with the commander, pedal switcher (2), and control switcher, and putting it all on a pedal board....1 step changes, and it's all right in front. i change stuff on m pedals on the fly all the time, so i can't have them in a rack...and i dont like multi-efx units....
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Quote Originally Posted by support View Post
    Interesting. So I checked with Voodoo Lab about this. Their reply below:
    Well, with my Siggy, if I switch all four switches from midi CC's the siggy responds immediately. But with full on program changes, there seems to be a little hesitancy in there somewhere. I don't know if it comes from the Siggy or from the Control Switcher.

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireSG View Post
    i'm really thinking about going with the commander, pedal switcher (2), and control switcher, and putting it all on a pedal board....1 step changes, and it's all right in front. i change stuff on m pedals on the fly all the time, so i can't have them in a rack...and i dont like multi-efx units....
    Oh btw dude, I used to have this very same setup. It was BRILLIANT. However after almost three years of using it, and writing new material with different tones, I started to find the limitation of 10 presets .. er.. limiting.

The problem was that the pedal switchers don't accept midi CC's to switch the loops. So I couldn't just replace the Commander with another midi controller. I tried the GCP, but it was too big for my tastes. So reluctantly I ended up getting rid of the Pedal Switchers.

If you can get all your tones from 10 presets, the Voodoo Lab stuff is a brilliant solution. Word has it that they're working on a second version of the pedal switcher, which will accept midi cc's to switch the loops.

I ended up with a Musicomlabs EFXMKIII. It has 60 banks of four presets, so I'm fairly future proof. I'm using six banks at the moment for two albums worth of tones. I have all my changes on a single switch now - I just need to bank up/down in between changes. Pretty easy.

Word of warning though - the instant access mode isn't really instant access. It's just a way to program the presets. If you enter instant access, change the loop assignments, and then exit instant access... it either saves the state to the preset, or it doesn't save and reverts back to the preset - a shame, because in a live situation you can't just whack on a pedal for any improv moments. Not a problem for me, but may be an issue for some.

hey, so with your Control Switcher, did you get a custom cable to control the SigX?
    i just ordered 1 pedal switcher, and the commander....next up is 1 more switcher and the Control thing to switch my Ultra-Lead...but i need the cable for it
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

Yup! Voodoo Lab will sort you out, just mail them and tell them you want to order a custom cable. Tell them what amp and how long you want the cable, and they'll quote you.

thanks for the heads up on the other post....10 pre-sets should be all good for what i do...i'm very excited to get this up and running
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

i also have the Voodoo Labs older midi board, before they came out with the big monster...so if 10 ends up being too confining i can roll over to that one....
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I