Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why the "newer" Deliverance donĀ“t have a Choke anymore ?

Default Differences between the original and updated Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by phonix View Post
    What are the other differences? From what serial number onwards is a 'new' type amp?
    I know that this is an old thread, but I am very curious in terms of identifying the point [based on serial number - I think I read somewhere it was at the beginning of 2008] where the updated version of the Deliverance starts.

Also, a quick summary of the changes - in addition to a different feel (from what I can gather, a bit more compression) - would be extremely helpful.
    Last edited by HiOctane; 04-25-2018 at 11:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure they stated when the change was made there is little or no change in the sound and feel.
    The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

Stephen, thanks, that sounds fair. Here is what the Fryette tech said, which is agreeing that it is a minor change:

The newer version has a few differences from the older ones. The non-choke power supply, which actually gives the amp a more springy, organic feel, is only one of the things that makes it feel, sound and compress differently.

All of the differences are very subtle though when listening side by side.