Thread: VHT Valvulator GP3 - Input Stage

Default VHT Valvulator GP3 - Input Stage

Dear all VHT users,

I just bought a VHT GP3 yesterday, It hasn't arrived yet.
    I am just wondering about the Valvulator function in the Gp3.

As the user manual said, Steve suggest us "To accomplish this the cable from the guitar is plugged directly into
    the GP3 input jack.
    " .

I just wondering where should I gonna put my various stomp box? and my Gsystem.

Is that mean I have to plug the guitar into GP3 at the first stage?

You would plug your guitar into the input on the GP3, then you would put your pre-pre-amp effects in the effects loop on the GP3, which runs it into the built in buffer. The effects loop is before the gain stages. Found that out when I tried to run my reverbs in the effects loop of the GP3, sounded like I was punching a spring reverb tank every time I played

The gp3 loop is pre distortion, so it is @ the front of the chain, so whatever you put in the loop is like having before the input on a normal amp.
    Unlike an fx loop on a head which is post & is not affected by the distortion phase.

So gp3 goes= guitar-front input-fx into loop (pedals)-preamp.

Normal amp head=Guitar into pedals-amp input-pre amp tubes-fx loop for rack fx-power tubes.

The gp3 fx loop is designed to run pedals etc before the pre amp.
    Sounds like a bowl of fuck

I run some of my fx before the input like normal & some in the loop. Just experiment. You will find the sound you like.
    Sounds like a bowl of fuck

i just bought the GP3 couple of weeks ago.

I amp trying to find a way to set it up.
    I am having a G system as well.

My Chain is

GTR -> GP3 Input (front) -> FX Send (GP3) -> G System (input) - > OCD (G System Loop) -> Insert Send ( G System ) -> FX Return (GP3) -> GP3 output -> Insert Return (G System) -> Out (G system) -> Power Amp -> Speaker

I heard that GP3 Valvulator can make the tone nicer and it got the pre fx loop for the stomp box. My Stomp box is a OCD, it is acting like a booster.
    and I need to turn on the FX loop button on GP3 in order to use the that loop

However, somehow I got some nosie from that GP3 VHT, and It sounds horrible very you turn off the FX button. Just like some electricity jump, sounds like "pop"

Can you guys give me some idea about the FX loop.

Thanks