Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vht / wtf

Default Vht / wtf

Havin a flick through the latest Guitarist Australia mag today and came across the review for the "VHT standard 18 or something" the reviewer was going on about the 20 year history and cult following surrounding that amp... how misleading for the Australian general public... anyhoo i shot em an email to set them straight , i keep an eye for an apology to Steve in the next issue..

This is soooooo crap.
    I went into my local music store in Western Australia the other day & the new VHT(axl) rep had just been in. He had been trying to convince them to stock their stuff.
    The guitar sales guy asked the rep about the Pittbull series of amps & the rep said that they were making them under a different name.
    The guitar sales guy saw me in the store & knew I owned a UL. He told me what had happened & I went straight to the stores manager, whom I have a good relationship & account with & explained how he was being taken for a ride. Needless to say, he was PISSED that he could have signed a deal based on complete lies.

My only regret is that I was not in the store when the rep was there to give him a piece of my mind. I am after all a valued customer & have nothing to lose.
    Sounds like a bowl of fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Havin a flick through the latest Guitarist Australia mag today and came across the review for the "VHT standard 18 or something" the reviewer was going on about the 20 year history and cult following surrounding that amp... how misleading for the Australian general public... anyhoo i shot em an email to set them straight , i keep an eye for an apology to Steve in the next issue..
    Is not good hearing this !! but reviewer should have done his/her homework before posting facts about certain amps especially with Fryette a pioneer boutique amp company and who wont know of its history?

yeh what bollocks eh ..pretty sure it even said country of origin ; USA ... uh that would be China ,as written on the back of the amp .. didnt fork out the 10 bucks to read about it.and stick a pic up on the roof

So is this what you're talking about? Is this something being pawned off by the "new VHT"? I found it on my local Craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/1599807404.html

And just in case the link is expired, or maybe someone decides to have it deleted.

"VHT The Standard 18 Handwired in the USA - $700 (fremont / union city / newark)"

The Standard 18

This unique 2-channel amplifier gives players amazing versatility with its expressive sound and rich harmonics. With a classic British-sounding amp voice, characterized by its harmonic complexity the Standard 18 is limited only by the player’s creativity.

Assembled with a Celestion G12H30 speaker, the Standard 18 is articulate, powerful and great sounding. Like all Standard Series amps, the Standard 18 is handwired and rigorously tested in our new Bay Area workshop.

* 18 Watts RMS
    * 2x EL84s Power Tubes
    * 3x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
    * 1x 5Y3GT Rectifier Tube
    * 1 Tone Channel and 1 TMB Channel
    * Master Volume
    * High Grade Finger-Jointed Birch Cabinet
    * Handwired in the US

Model: AV-HW1-18
    MSRP: $1,999.99
    Chris
    A Black Rose Burial
    http://www.MySpace.com/ablackroseburial
    Empyres
    http://www.MySpace.com/empyres

Equipment:
    Fryette Pittbull Ultralead
    Fryette Fatbottom 4x12
    1974 Fender bass cab (2x15)
    1979 Peavey Black Widow bass cab(1x18 & 2x10)
    ESP EC-1000 Deluxe (18v mod)
    ESP Custom MH (18v mod)
    ESP 7-string baritone (18v mod)
    Gibson SG modified (18v mod)
    Ovation 2000 limited edition
    Bodenhamer Bloody Murder

yeh that looks like it though i,ll have to get the mag to double check im pretty sure the amp in the mag said designed in the US and made in China on the back ..yeh they want $2395 rrp for them here ..

Quote Originally Posted by cdtbeast View Post
    This is soooooo crap.
    I went into my local music store in Western Australia the other day & the new VHT(axl) rep had just been in. He had been trying to convince them to stock their stuff.
    The guitar sales guy asked the rep about the Pittbull series of amps & the rep said that they were making them under a different name.
    The guitar sales guy saw me in the store & knew I owned a UL. He told me what had happened & I went straight to the stores manager, whom I have a good relationship & account with & explained how he was being taken for a ride. Needless to say, he was PISSED that he could have signed a deal based on complete lies.

My only regret is that I was not in the store when the rep was there to give him a piece of my mind. I am after all a valued customer & have nothing to lose.
    So what's the problem ? Those store people are at least to blame for half of this. Apparently their knowledge isn't up to date either. JMHO YMMV

Giga

Try living in Western Australia & you will understand that the store is not the issue.
    Fryette NEEDS to do some freakin promo over here.
    I have been posting on music forums over here to try & educate people as much as possible.
    To get a Pittbull over here from the 1 & only importer you are looking @ over $5000.
    I have removed the VHT badge from my Pittbull. I am attempting to educate as many stores as possible about the whole VHT Fryette saga.
    They are just not informed over here. The fact that there isn't 1 single store in Western Australia that stocks ANY of the Fryette range is terrible.
    I had to ring international call rates to Fryette in the states to get the importer/distributors details, then ring interstate rates to call the importer & ask him which stores in Perth that I could order an amp from. This cost around $100 in phone charges.
    When I did contact my local store they had no idea what a Fryette even was. They will only order it for payment up front as well so if I don't like it too bad.

I said Fuck That & bought my UL second hand through ebay for under $2500 landed @ my door.

Fryette needs to give their Australian distributor a swift kick in the ass.
    Same goes for Diezel.
    Who the fuck is gonna spent around $6000 on an amp head without trying it first.
    Sounds like a bowl of fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    yeh that looks like it though i,ll have to get the mag to double check im pretty sure the amp in the mag said designed in the US and made in China on the back ..yeh they want $2395 rrp for them here ..
    this amp is made in the U.S anyway ..least that was correct..the pic i saw was of another in the range thats .."handbuilt by rockers in China" ...

Hmm, I was sure the chinese couldn't even pronounce an "R".
    ESP/Ltd || VHT || EMG || MXR into Randall Lynch Box and Ampeg V412 cabs w/ Eminence Speakers