Thread: Need to get alittle more grit.

Default Need to get alittle more grit.

Any suggestions on how to get alittle more grit on my deliverance,what type of pedal to use(overdrive-distortion-or what ever)

I like the MI Audio pedals. The Blues Pro and Blue Boy are great. The Xotic BB preamp works well too. TC also makes a few nice boosts.
    Steve
    NO!!!!!
    I am not Steve Fryette....
    He just builds the most kick ass amps of all time....

Would these work well with a already overdriven sound,with the "more"switch engaged on the deliverance.

What do you mean by "grit" ?

Giga.

wow---you need more than the "more" switch....thats alot of more sir!
    Ultralead
    D120H
    Sig X
    Fat Bottom 4x12
    D412
    Valvulator I

The only way i can describe what im looking for is just listen to the first van halen album,that type of gain-distortion,the deliverance has enough gain,i have "gain 1"set at 10:00 and "gain II"SET AT 2:00 with the "more"switch engaged,its hard to describe the only thing i can say is just listen to van halen 1.

Geez dude, I'm always in the "more" mode with Gain I @ ~2:30 and Gain II @ ~1:30! You could stand a little more, before thinking about an external source for added gain! Note, and just like most amps, the tone controls interact with the Gain, especially the Treble, it will bring out a little sizzle, if you will, which will get you in that territory your aiming for! I think the Deliverance on it's own can get you pretty close, depending on your guitar, of course!
    Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24 Blade.
    Black "20th" PRS Custom 24.
    Royal Blue "25th" PRS SE Custom 24
    Mesa Roadster

I like gain1 at 10:00 because of its less bass responds(more crisp),when you listen to van halen 1 its very bright and has a open presence,this is how my deliverance is setup,gain 1-10:00 gain II-2:00 "more"switch engaged treble-3:00 mids-9:00 bass-2:00 presence-dimed dept-2:00,original mxr phase 90,original mxr flanger,mxr carbon copy analog delay,reverb unit for plate reverb(van halen 1 alot of plate reverb).

Quote Originally Posted by nitro View Post
    I like gain1 at 10:00 because of its less bass responds(more crisp),when you listen to van halen 1 its very bright and has a open presence,this is how my deliverance is setup,gain 1-10:00 gain II-2:00 "more"switch engaged treble-3:00 mids-9:00 bass-2:00 presence-dimed dept-2:00,original mxr phase 90,original mxr flanger,mxr carbon copy analog delay,reverb unit for plate reverb(van halen 1 alot of plate reverb).
    Jeez, I tried those settings and they make my ears bleed.....

Giga.

Go and listen to van halen 1 and then post back..