Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay as reverb

I just got my Carbon Copy today! I love it in front of my Deliverance! And I run alotta gain! It really works well all around, for quiet passages when I lower guitar volume, it's really nice! I usually keep the delay time longer, more in a rhythmic tempo, with about three or four repeats, and mix pretty low, that way it works well with alotta gain!
    Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24 Blade.
    Black "20th" PRS Custom 24.
    Royal Blue "25th" PRS SE Custom 24
    Mesa Roadster

How would you guys compare the Carbon Copy to the Boss Delays? I'm thinking of replacing my DD-3's with the Carbon Copy. Also, how it in in front of the amp?

Not having a choice of placement (f/x loop vs. in front), analog was the way. The delayed tone is way warmer. Plus it's Green!
    Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24 Blade.
    Black "20th" PRS Custom 24.
    Royal Blue "25th" PRS SE Custom 24
    Mesa Roadster

4. Default

yeah, as a guy that stacks delays and reverbs, i was super stoked to get one of these pedals.

it's seriously so awesome sounding all by itself!!!
    ...on weed.

Quote Originally Posted by sm5150 View Post
    Works perfectly in the loop of my UL. Sounds amazing.. it adds a little bit of saturation, and fattens up the sound even more. For all channels. Worth every penny guys!

IF you want reverb, do NOT get the holy grail, or the digital delay...
    messes up your awesome VHT tone.
    Get the Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy. You will not be disappointed.
    There are a few youtube clips of them if you want hear them. Best
    reverb pedal I've ever had.

6. Default

MXR carbon copy, is the best delay pedal on the market. period.(imho) I tryed it against several boutique brands and it had better tone and better control. on a side note, I also just got the new toadworks barracuda flanger pedal and I love it. worth checkin into if ya dig flange.

Default more reverb!

Quote Originally Posted by 50STuser View Post
    +1
    I use a Carbon Copy for delays and a Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy Reverb pedal in the loop of my 50ST. They both are awesome pedals!
    I own & love the mr. sprinngy, but the eventide space kicks too! where else ya going to get oil can reverb???

space is way cool at times...

As a clean modulated chord freak, I had to pick up SPACE too; can't wait to slam the GP DI with it...

Quote Originally Posted by 50STuser View Post
    I have never been able to try another VHT. So I have to say the reverb on my particular VHT is not so good. It is the EF86 tube driven reverb. I have read other VHT's have great reverbs. Wish I knew why mine doesn't. I love the amp aside from that. I was finally able to use it with a band last night and have been raving about it ever since. It sounds killer! Back to the reverb, is there a mod I can do? Can you change the value of the reverb pot to help with reverb? I emailed VHT quite sometime ago about the reverb (changing the reverb driver to a 12AX7 or a EL84) but they never responded back.
    Yes I agree with you...