Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay as reverb

Default MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay as reverb

Works perfectly in the loop of my UL. Sounds amazing.. it adds a little bit of saturation, and fattens up the sound even more. For all channels. Worth every penny guys!

IF you want reverb, do NOT get the holy grail, or the digital delay...
    messes up your awesome VHT tone.

+1
    I use a Carbon Copy for delays and a Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy Reverb pedal in the loop of my 50ST. They both are awesome pedals!

How is it in front of the input? I've been dying for one, but no loop on the Deliverance.

I run a moog delay into the front of my D120 and it sounds great. You'll want to run the mix control much lower than you would when running through a loop. I run mine no higher than 9:00, and even that gets a little over the top. 8:00-8:30 seems to be the magic spot

I'm also running a Carbon Copy in the loop of my Pittbull Super 30 - sounds great!
    Last edited by VCuomo; 01-19-2009 at 08:43 PM.

I dig the Carbon Copy in the loop for delay. I also put a MXR 6-band EQ in the loop for a 3 db midrange lead boost. This is cool because I can leave both pedals on but turn the loop off on the footswitch and they're out of the path. Then I can stomp the loop and bring both in at once (or just one at a time: either just delay with no boost or just the lead boost with no echo). I've been looking for something like this for years.

Oh, to the poster below: doesn't your 50ST have reverb? I thought they all did.

Quote Originally Posted by 50STuser View Post
    +1
    I use a Carbon Copy for delays and a Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy Reverb pedal in the loop of my 50ST. They both are awesome pedals!

The 50/ST does have reverb but it sounds awful so
    I don't use it. I need to research a mod so I can fix it and use it.

Do you mean that the reverb on your particular amp sounds awful or on the 50STs in general? I think mine sounds pretty good but I don't use reverb much.

I have never been able to try another VHT. So I have to say the reverb on my particular VHT is not so good. It is the EF86 tube driven reverb. I have read other VHT's have great reverbs. Wish I knew why mine doesn't. I love the amp aside from that. I was finally able to use it with a band last night and have been raving about it ever since. It sounds killer! Back to the reverb, is there a mod I can do? Can you change the value of the reverb pot to help with reverb? I emailed VHT quite sometime ago about the reverb (changing the reverb driver to a 12AX7 or a EL84) but they never responded back.

My understanding is that the amp is designed to use one type of reverb driver. I would just keep whatever type you have, and just replace it with a fresh one. If that doesn't work, take it to a tech to see if there's something wrong with the reverb unit. Or just leave it alone. I don't use the effect all that much.