Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belgium collection of VHT's

Quote Originally Posted by MOBELEC
    Hi duke,

For me its still the best sounding setup I ever heared.

I cannot comment on the 2/50/2 but the VHT2150S is one hell of a poweramp.

I have a owned or still own every major boutique brand of amp. Soldano,bogner, roccaforte, marshall, VHT, lee jackson , engl etc.

The combination of the ADA 3TM with the VHT2150S poweramp slays them all for the 80's metal sound.

About 6 month's ago I retubed the 2150 with EH KT88's and I just kills.

The 2150S is very warm and very transparant sounding and absolutly not Hifi and sterile.

I think its one of the best poweramps on the market.

Combine this with the best preamp on the market (ADA 3TM) and you got every 80' metal sound you could wish.

I can nail the sounds of jake E Lee, george lynch , racer-x, doug aldrich with this setup.

If you ever have the chance to buy a VHT 2150S poweramp I would recommend you buy it immediatly .

Hope you have the same results with youre VHT poweramp.

Let me know something.

I live about 2O minutes from marshalljmp who does all my modifications and all maintenance of my amps and he also modded all my ADA's except the voodoo amps one.
    I'v been using the combination ADA preamp and VHT poweramp from 1989 and like I said still haven't heared anything better than the this for 80's metal.

Bye peter
    Hey Peter,
    I will definitly make a posting here after I get my VHT poweramp with results of how it sounds. I am sure it'll sound great.

MarshallJMP is one cool guy. I talk to him all the time and he 's very helpful.

I also agree about the ADA MP-1 3TM being great. I've tried the Randall RM4, ENGL530, Mesa Triaxis and other preamps and I always went back to my 3TM Modded MP-1. I just find it to sound alot clearer, tighter and does alot of heavy metal tones better.

I'd love to own the 2150, but living in an apartment doesnt really help.. specially if its 150watts of power. I'd need a big room to my self to be able to crank it .

by the way.. are you a member of ADA Depot?

Cheers,
    Duke

Yes, I sometimes post at the ADA depot as Black Flag but very little.

Jurrie let me do an artikal in one of the trends issues under my real name Swijsen Peter. Maybe you read it ? I read yours.

I know most guys dont believe when I say I have a bogner fish , soldano XR88 , Lee jackson GP 1000, Hafler triple giant modded by voodoo, hughes access and still choose the ADA 3TM as my main preamp.

Marshlljmp did a slighty modified version of the 3TM with some altered tone frequencies and it sounds incredible.
    Marshlljmp is really getting his shit together. He recently modded two of my 1988 Laney AOR heads. One to bogner XTC specs and one to a high gain modded trash metal monster.
    very nice guy, great player and great amp tech.

But back to VHT.

I really really like the VHT 4x12 straight cabinets with the combination 25 watt greenbacks and the 30 watt vintage speakers. Best cabinets I have.
    Have marshalls,laneys,genz benz cabinets to compare

I Like my VHT 50/12 combo and I Like my VHT 100 Classic head but not for 80's metal more for aggresive blues playing and rock.

So I hope you will be happy with youre VHT poweramp and maybe I can hear some new clips at the ADA depot with the VHT poweramp.

Take care

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MOBELEC
    Yes, I sometimes post at the ADA depot as Black Flag but very little.

Jurrie let me do an artikal in one of the trends issues under my real name Swijsen Peter. Maybe you read it ? I read yours.

I know most guys dont believe when I say I have a bogner fish , soldano XR88 , Lee jackson GP 1000, Hafler triple giant modded by voodoo, hughes access and still choose the ADA 3TM as my main preamp.

Marshlljmp did a slighty modified version of the 3TM with some altered tone frequencies and it sounds incredible.
    Marshlljmp is really getting his shit together. He recently modded two of my 1988 Laney AOR heads. One to bogner XTC specs and one to a high gain modded trash metal monster.
    very nice guy, great player and great amp tech.

But back to VHT.

I really really like the VHT 4x12 straight cabinets with the combination 25 watt greenbacks and the 30 watt vintage speakers. Best cabinets I have.
    Have marshalls,laneys,genz benz cabinets to compare

I Like my VHT 50/12 combo and I Like my VHT 100 Classic head but not for 80's metal more for aggresive blues playing and rock.

So I hope you will be happy with youre VHT poweramp and maybe I can hear some new clips at the ADA depot with the VHT poweramp.

Take care

Peter
    ahh yes.. Black Flag. I was woundering where you were since i havent seen you post for a while.

anyways.. thats pretty cool.

I dont believe i've read your article, but I'll look for it on my copies of the trendz when I get a chance.

anyways.. i'll let you know how the VHT goes.

Cheers

Thanks for shearing....