Thread: Deliverance D60H sounds microphonic?

Default Deliverance D60H sounds microphonic?

Deliverance D60H owners have you noticed when you first played your d60h it had a microphonic type of high pitch, does anyone know what that is,its like a high frequency thing i thought it might be pre amp tubes,what do you guys think it is,i have no idea....

It did have a weird high end at first. Dunno if the amp needed broken in or the speakers, but it went away eventually. Ive had mine for 2 years now, it it's definitely warmer than it was new.

My D60 had almost the same thing when I first got it. There was a harmonic that would sound while I was playing that was driving the sound guys nuts at a show, and then it progressed to a microphonic hum after a couple of weeks (which drove the recording engineer at the studio nuts! he ended up gating my guitar in the final mix). I finally got around to troubleshooting and the 12ax7 in V1 was bad, quick change and everything is sweet sonic goodness! Now I only wish I had done that before I went into the studio because now I'm going back in to re-track my guitars on 3 songs

hope this helps, Greg

I had the Sovtek V1 go bad also! A couple hours of playing time after one or both (?) of the Sovtek KT88's went bad on me! I'm not too sold on the Sovtek reliability, and for that fact, anything coming out of New Sensor's Russian Plant! Though, as always, it could have been a bad batch, just too many horror storys! I replaced my V1 with a NOS Matsushita! What an improvement!
    Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24 Blade.
    Black "20th" PRS Custom 24.
    Royal Blue "25th" PRS SE Custom 24
    Mesa Roadster

Never noticed the noise your speaking of but I do think the amp sounds better with a different tube than the sovtek. I put a tungsol in v1 and it barks alot better!!!! Way more aggressive.

Well, my D60 got really noisy this week. Just popped off the back. 2 preamps tubes were bad, which is expected. The amp is 2 years old. Put a RCA in V1 and an Amperex in V2. Solved the noise problem. The stock Chinese sound great; too bad they don't make 'em like they used to.