Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G100CL keeps blowing fuses

Default G100CL keeps blowing fuses

I've read through the forum about others who had this issue and everyone suggested taking it to a tech and changing the power tubes.

I'm playing pretty much at full volume, and the volume will cut out. It's the 1 amp fuse that keeps blowing. I had the amp run through and completely retubed by a reputable tech here in chicago, but this is still happening. The tubes aren't flashing, are all the same brightness, nothing looks weird.

So my question is, does this amp just blow fuses all the time?

It only takes a second to switch the fuse, but I cant risk this happening on stage. Should I risk putting a higher fuse in there? Maybe a 1.5 amp? Or just get a different amp, which would suck.

Strange - the only time this has happened to me is when my tubes bias drifted (due to tube fault)

Rai //
    www.MySpace.com/FarewellRadiance
    'Til Death Do We Rock

Make sure you're using the recomended fuse and V6 position preamp tube (12au7?) . Then check the power tubes: it takes only one to be bad , for the fuse to keep blowing.Past that, have a tech check every component on the power board, you could have a short somewhere.
    Let VHT know what's going on as well, they might be able to give you a different take on the problem (maybe)...
    BnB Tubes sucks!!

You might have a bad powertube. You should get it checked out by a tech.

Well this happened once, then I had all the tubes changed and it has happened twice in one day since then. Im hoping it's not the tubes, but I think I will give my tech a call and see what he says.

Brought it back into Schroeder today and he said I probably got a bad set of power tubes. Free replacement! I should be back in business soon.

Well I still don't have my amp back. Apparently the issue is a bad power transformer. VHT is waiting to for the manufacturer to send them the part, then they can send it to my tech, then they can fix it, then I can find out if there is anything else wrong with it.

Really not a position you want to be in with gigs coming up.....

Cant say that I am suprised at this point, but after waiting 2 months for a part from VHT support, I still have no part. So I will officially not have my amp for my next studio session this weekend.

That sucks ! Is there no possibility to mount f.i. a MM PT ?

Giga.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga View Post
    That sucks ! Is there no possibility to mount f.i. a MM PT ?

Giga.
    Had I known from the start that it was going to be this difficult, that is exactly what I would have done.