Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VHT UL Channel switching (CCX Audio switcher) and VHT UL Floor board

1. Default VHT UL Channel switching (CCX Audio switcher) and VHT UL Floor board

I play on getting a CCX Audio switcher and Ground control pro for the fx loop of my VHT UL (When it arrives !) I want to know, is it possible to switch channels etc with it ?

Also does anybody have any good photos of their VHT UL Floorboard ?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Not my pic or foot but this is what the floorboard looks like for the UL, CLX and CL.
    www.myspace.com/rbone100
    My bands website: www.sugarbuzzband.com
    Picture site: www.guitarfan.com
    CLX head, UL head, CLX 2x12 Combo, Pittbull 45 Combo, VHT 4x12 with P50E's

Quote Originally Posted by roguetheory
    I play on getting a CCX Audio switcher and Ground control pro for the fx loop of my VHT UL (When it arrives !) I want to know, is it possible to switch channels etc with it ?

Also does anybody have any good photos of their VHT UL Floorboard ?

I don't know about the CCX you're talking about but what I do know is that if you're going Midi anyway you could use one of those nifty Access units to do all the switching on your amp.
    They also make a special cable to connect the switcher with the amp.

Giga.

My CL footswitch looks different than the one in Rbones pic, but the UL footswitch should look like that unless it doesn't have a graphic switch like JB's.
    VHT CLX w/graphic
    Mesa Trad. 412
    Earcandy 212 w/P50E's

5. Default

I don't see a switch for the clean channel ??

I don't see a switch for the clean channel ??

If it's not in the rhythm- or leadchannel it automatically switches to the clean.

Giga.

7. Default

I want to buy a rack mount MIDI swithching system for my VHT UL (with EQ) when it arrives.

I want to have a rack with the following in it

-TC Electronics G-force
    -ISP Decimator Pro G rack-
    -BBE MaxComp (Compressor/Sonic Max)

I basically want to be able to change channels and assign the EQ and get a patch from the G-force in one stomp.

Is this possible with the GCX Audio switcher and ground control pro ? Since the VHT's floor board's in, is DIN and not MIDI.
    If its not possible, what are the alternatives ?

I really like the look of the GCX, since its a nice 1 space rack unit with 8 loops (Which I can keep the ISP and BBE in).

Any help would be great.

[QUOTE=roguetheory]I want to buy a rack mount MIDI swithching system for my VHT UL (with EQ) when it arrives.

I want to have a rack with the following in it

-TC Electronics G-force
    -ISP Decimator Pro G rack-
    -BBE MaxComp (Compressor/Sonic Max)

I basically want to be able to change channels and assign the EQ and get a patch from the G-force in one stomp.

Is this possible with the GCX Audio switcher and ground control pro ? Since the VHT's floor board's in, is DIN and not MIDI.
    If its not possible, what are the alternatives ?

No, you still need something like the Access switcher I mentioned before to switch your amp. That enabeles you basically to make analogue switchings commanded by a midi-signal MIDI. So the access thingy translates the midisignal you send to 1 or more analogue switchings. It steps on any or all the footswitches of your original VHT footswitch so to speak.
    At the same time you can let your G-force switch patches. It's all in the programming !

At first I was also very intimidated by all this midicrap, but when you get the hang of it (which was quite quick for me thank god) it's really not that difficult and the sky is the limit in terms of switchingpossibilities...

Giga.

9. Default

So I've been told that the Axcess CFX-4 will work for channel switching on the VHT.

I'm wondering is it possible to hook up a GFX-4 to one of the loops of the GCX audio switcher for channel switching/EQ Assignment etc ?

Or is it possible to use the CFX-4 in conjunction with the GCX audio switcher and control them both with the GCX Ground control pro ?

I'm getting a G-force at a later date..so lets pretend I don't have that for channel switching.

So I've been told that the Axcess CFX-4 will work for channel switching on the VHT.

I'm wondering is it possible to hook up a GFX-4 to one of the loops of the GCX audio switcher for channel switching/EQ Assignment etc ?

Or is it possible to use the CFX-4 in conjunction with the GCX audio switcher and control them both with the GCX Ground control pro ?

I'm getting a G-force at a later date..so lets pretend I don't have that for channel switching.

I really don't understand what's all this hooking up to a loop is about; you use a loop to switch in or switch out a boost f.i.

If needed you can hook both the CFX-4 and the looper to the groundcontrol and control them simultaniously if needed. Hitting one button on the grouncontrol can control (I think) up to eight functions on several devices if it has enough commands written in it.
    See it as the boss of a compagny that tells a departement of 8 people to go and do a certain job that consists of several tasks; one gets the coffee, one sweeps the floor, one answers the phone etc. etc.....

Giga.