Thread: VHT UL/CL Footswitch wiring

7th plane of interstellar hell, london, UK

Default VHT UL/CL Footswitch wiring

Got this off the VHT guys as my UL didn't come with a footswitch, and I wanted to wire it up to a midi switcher (I got the Diamond MAC2) so this could be usefull for all you guys wanting to switch the VHT/CL from a rack/midi setup or from an FX processor.

thanks..thats handy.. just ordered a g major so im goin to just get a behringer midi floorboard and try to get all channel switching running through that.. this sort of gear is all new to me so it should be interesting.. i see your on the tc forum so ill probly seeya there when im tryin to work out how to use it cheers

Actually, if you are going for that set up (spookily the same as mine hahaha!) then I'd recommend trying to find an amp gizmo and get the custom cable with it. I gace up and bought a diamond amplification mac 2 so I am having to build by own footswitch cable -> jack outputs (1 stereo 1/4", 3 mono 1/4") which is proving to be a bit of a pain... But, it does mean it makes the UL fully midi switchable (yep, the whole lot )

Forgot to add: The G-Major on it's own plus the behringer is not an ideal switching solution. They have switch jack outs, i believe the behringer has two mono, the g-major one stereo, which gives 4. You need 5 for the UL/CL w EQ, so you'd have to sacrifice one switching function. That and the cable is going to get quite messy as the behringer floorboard is going to be far away!

thanks for the info .. i did see those gizmos on ebay a while back and im guessin Mr Fryette is talking about a similar thing for the sigx... yeh it says you could change up to 4 amp channels with the gmajor but im not sure how that works in reality yet..and ill still have to work out clean/rythm boost..just got the Tc today but the floorboard will have to wait for a bit now.. has some real nice effects and is transparent .. but i cant help wonderin if i shoulda just got a few stompboxs see how it goes... cheeErs !

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    thanks for the info .. i did see those gizmos on ebay a while back and im guessin Mr Fryette is talking about a similar thing for the sigx... yeh it says you could change up to 4 amp channels with the gmajor but im not sure how that works in reality yet..and ill still have to work out clean/rythm boost..just got the Tc today but the floorboard will have to wait for a bit now.. has some real nice effects and is transparent .. but i cant help wonderin if i shoulda just got a few stompboxs see how it goes... cheeErs !
    Yeah, i saw the thing about the sig_x, but that it'd also be compatible with the UL and CL

The G-Major has a stereo jack switch. You can split that into two relays, meaning it'll switch two things on the VHT, no more really.