Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've joined the VHT fold!

7th plane of interstellar hell, london, UK

Default I've joined the VHT fold!

Well, it was one of those things, I was looking for an amp, and thought about a load of stuff, but then found a good deal on a Pitbull Ultra Lead (with EQ) and a 2x12 fat bottom cab, and as of the sunday gone, I am now proud owner of them

I can't say how much I love this amp and am chomping at the bit to just get it cranked at a band rehearsal! i love the way it's unforgiving, and just so tight but with such a mean snarl in amongst the well rounded sound

So here it is, with the JSX head that soon will be consigned to someone elses amp stable

I still have a rack setup at the moment as well, so now I am trying to find an excuse to run both at the same time!

jaaaaames what's up dude? i just joined here, too. need to borrow my roommate's camera or something so i can take a pic of my updated rig though

Welcome...good to see new people here.

I know! Nice to have a place where there is VHT knowledge for me to soak up too, as I am just getting to know the amp!

Unfortunately, i didn't get a footswitch with it, so am looking into a solution for that, preferably one that lets me use the behringer 1010 midi controller and a midi FX processor (G-Major)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfMetal View Post
    jaaaaames what's up dude? i just joined here, too. need to borrow my roommate's camera or something so i can take a pic of my updated rig though
    Cool cool, it's a sevenstring.org invasion! NJow go take some pics dude!

Welcome to the club. So, how does the JSX sound side-by-side? I've never tried one out.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Cool cool, it's a sevenstring.org invasion! NJow go take some pics dude!
    here's a crappy cell phone pic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    Welcome to the club. So, how does the JSX sound side-by-side? I've never tried one out.
    The JSX sounds thicker and a bit looser, but the VHT is more aggressive and fuller, and to reuse a phrase of Mr Zimbloth from sevenstring.org, "3D". The VHT just sounds more complete, tighter and more aggressive, the JSX sounds more solid state and when put side by side, the JSX definately seems to be missing that something the UL has.

Not that the JSX is a bad amp, although to get the best out of it soundwise you need to patch the FX loop and use it to hit the power stage a lot harder to get some balls into it.

What do you mean by patching the FX loop? What does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by harbinger View Post
    What do you mean by patching the FX loop? What does it do?
    Well, with the FX loop disengaged, the amplifier never hits close to the 120w it's supposed to be, and gets drowned in band mixes and at gigs and rehearsals. For some reason, i dunno...

Patching the FX loop means you attach a patch cable from send->return, and then use the send/return volumes to create an internal boost into the power amp, basically jacking up the signal. Then just leave the loop permanantly on and the amp comes to life a lot more, sounds more ballsy, louder and you can get some really good tight almost meshuggah like rythm sounds out of it. Basically it allows you to push the power valves. THe amp just sounds loads better and less sterile with doing this.

To be honest, with the amp being as quiet as it is without doing this, i think it is a design flaw in the JSX.

Hope that makes sense!